Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I need to replace my front wings on my zafira A. Here in Denmark, we sadly use salt on the roads in winter time, so my front wings need to be replaced due to rust.

Luckily, I have gotten a hold of two "new/used" ones without rust. So far so good. I have gotten so far, as to remove the front bumper, the screws behind the door and the bonnet. BUT - as I can see on the new ones, there also is a screw somewhere beneath the triangular front side window.

The big question is: How do I easily get to it?

Any help would be great :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I downloaded a guide as I plan to remove, spray and refit both my front wings. I have copied then pasted the text etc so hope it works.

I cant remember where I got it from as it was a "Google search" - hope it's not copyright in anyway
  1. How to replace a front wing
    Firstly get yourself to a stealers and grab some new push clips, they're 28p each, 3 for the bumper, and 4 for the arch liner, they are 2 different kinds needed and the Dealer will know which ones you want when you say its for a bumper/wing removal

It's far easier just to replace them as they will be brittle and are likely to break

Firstly jack your bus up and remove the wheel

Then inside remove the trim around the small window, I 25 torq screw and it just pulls off, the small scuttle panel with just pop off aswell
    Then remove the window, 4 10mm plastic bolts and the window pops out, it might be sticky due to being sealed
    Your then met with this, and can gain access to the 1 bolt there

And the top 2 bolt locations (all wing bolts are 10mm)

Then remove bottom bolt under the wing, I would be best to soak this one in wd40 for 20 minutes as mine was a bit touch and go but came out in the end

Might be a good idea to treat this area with some rust killer if they're is any there and a dab of underseal, I did before refitting new wing
    Then remove push clips on arch liner, undo the 4 nearest to the A piller, push the centre in and pop them out with a flatblade screwdriver, you don't have to remove the whole thing
    This gives you access to this bolt

Now its time to remove the bumper, If you are just removing 1 wing there is no need to completely remove it, they'res 3 pull clips at the bottom, 1 25 torq near the wing and 1 torq screw at the bottom attaching the bumper to the arch lining and 2 pull clips near the aircon rad. That is it, the bumper will drop, I just rested mine on my wheel seen here

Now this gives you access to the 3 bolts under the headlight, again 2 10mm and 1 8mm
    I found undoing the 2 headlight bolts made the job easier aswell, again 2 8mm bolts

Now the easiest bit, remove the 3 bolts on the inside of the bonnet shut line

Wing will now start to drop away from the car, undo the indicator and bobs your uncle its off

In the words of the good old Haynes book, refitting is the opposite of removal, I found loosely attaching all the bolts and getting the shut lines at each part right before tightening up fully
    It is advisable to get a 2nd person to hold the wing in place when you do the bonnet shut line as you will need to open and shut the bonnet a couple of times before getting it right
    Then refit the bumper and arch lining using your new clips that are super nice and tight

And that's it, If I h

Hope this helps anyone planning to do this, as its a lot easier than you might think

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thank you very very very much - :)

I downloaded a guide as I plan to remove, spray and refit both my front wings. I have copied then pasted the text etc so hope it works.

I cant remember where I got it from as it was a "Google search" - hope it's not copyright in anyway
  1. How to replace a front wing
    Firstly get yourself to a stealers and grab some new push clips, they're 28p each, 3 for the bumper, and 4 for the arch liner, they are 2 different kinds needed and the Dealer will know which ones you want when you say its for a bumper/wing removal

It's far easier just to replace them as they will be brittle and are likely to break

Firstly jack your bus up and remove the wheel

Then inside remove the trim around the small window, I 25 torq screw and it just pulls off, the small scuttle panel with just pop off aswell
    Then remove the window, 4 10mm plastic bolts and the window pops out, it might be sticky due to being sealed
    Your then met with this, and can gain access to the 1 bolt there

And the top 2 bolt locations (all wing bolts are 10mm)

Then remove bottom bolt under the wing, I would be best to soak this one in wd40 for 20 minutes as mine was a bit touch and go but came out in the end

Might be a good idea to treat this area with some rust killer if they're is any there and a dab of underseal, I did before refitting new wing
    Then remove push clips on arch liner, undo the 4 nearest to the A piller, push the centre in and pop them out with a flatblade screwdriver, you don't have to remove the whole thing
    This gives you access to this bolt

Now its time to remove the bumper, If you are just removing 1 wing there is no need to completely remove it, they'res 3 pull clips at the bottom, 1 25 torq near the wing and 1 torq screw at the bottom attaching the bumper to the arch lining and 2 pull clips near the aircon rad. That is it, the bumper will drop, I just rested mine on my wheel seen here

Now this gives you access to the 3 bolts under the headlight, again 2 10mm and 1 8mm
    I found undoing the 2 headlight bolts made the job easier aswell, again 2 8mm bolts

Now the easiest bit, remove the 3 bolts on the inside of the bonnet shut line

Wing will now start to drop away from the car, undo the indicator and bobs your uncle its off

In the words of the good old Haynes book, refitting is the opposite of removal, I found loosely attaching all the bolts and getting the shut lines at each part right before tightening up fully
    It is advisable to get a 2nd person to hold the wing in place when you do the bonnet shut line as you will need to open and shut the bonnet a couple of times before getting it right
    Then refit the bumper and arch lining using your new clips that are super nice and tight

And that's it, If I h

Hope this helps anyone planning to do this, as its a lot easier than you might think

·
Registered
241 Posts
oh crap - its from another Zafira forum that I am also registered on - just found it looking for something else !!

Hope they don't mind but in my defence I downloaded it via a google link :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.