Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to this site so go easy :D

Firstly just purchased a 2003 zafira 1.6 club when parked the electric windows work fine up down up.. but when driving when the drivers window is down and i put it up. It gets 3 qaurters then goes back down to showing a qaurter of window. second time works perfect and stays shut.

Secondly i just jumped from a 2000 1.2 corsa B and had alot of problems with central locking, engine, tappets, suspension etc what should/can i keep an eye out for and expect.

Thanks for all help in advance
Squeekleeds

·
Registered
21 Posts
To be honest mate that sounds like the safety sensor that stops the window from closing if there is something there, like a hand or such.
If it did it when stationary with no obstructions then i would investigate but considering it does it when driving i woudlnt bother, Just sensitive sensors.
While parked press to close the window and try to pull the window down.
It should go down just as you described.

as for your corsa to zafira swap there are plenty af helpfull people here, if problems arrise.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Resetting window sensors

On Renault Scenics (please don't hold it against me, it wasn't my car honest) you can reset the sensors by opening the window fully and keeping the button pressed for an additional 5 seconds, then close the window and keep the button pressed for 5 seconds.
It's certainly worth a try!
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.