Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I thought that my Zafira B, 150 Design had traction control, plus some fancy cornering electronics too. The thing is, I can wheelspin it coming out of junctions (on purpose). Is this right? Shouldn't the traction control stop this?

Secondly, my 12 year-old son keeps asking me why there is an orange light underneath the rear view mirror. This only seems to faintly illuminate the gearlever! Anybody got a more sensible idea?

Thanks.,

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
i have traction control on my sri - i press and hold sport switch to switch on/off but design doent have sport switch so ? if you have it. is the light attached to the mirror?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah! I have a sport switch. So it only works when 'sport' mode is engaged? Seems a bit daft to me. I must remember not to corner or accelerate fast in dodgy condtions without 'sport' on!

The light is built in to the bottom of the mirror. It emits a nice soft orange glow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I might have misunderstood you. If I press and hold the switch, will it be permanently activated? The 'sport' mode switches off when the ignition is turned off.

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
no it has nothing to do with sport switch, its just sports switch button is used to put it on/off. go in car and hold it down - a light will then appear on dash to show its off or on. do you know is it an electrochrome mirror? p.s dont use sport button to much it will kill your mpg. great for overtaking tho!

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
just checked on mine, when press and hold sport it says esp off and light stays on in dash

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I'll give the sport switch a try tomorrow.

Yes, the mirror autodim is great. I do a lot of miles at night and it really reduces driving stress.

I like to use the sport button on the country roads where I live! With careful use I am averaging 45 MPG, so I am happy with that.

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
orange light just part of electrochrome mirror sensor. 45 is pretty good but it'll soon be 25 if you keep sport on!! lol. welcome to vxon enjoy the site and more importantly your car!

·
Registered
156 Posts
The traction control on 150 Zafiras will allow a little wheelspin or scrabble to stop the enging bogging down before intervining. I find it a very good compromise. If you think it does no good - turn the ESP off (as described above and smell the difference:lmao:).

I had a late Zafira A with non switchable traction control and it ws a real pain cutting the power far too early. If there was a bit of gravel on a T junction it could be quite hair raising!!

Occasional use of the sport mode is good fun (not sure the wife agrees) even at motorway speeds I prefer the sport mode for the weightier steering.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got up this morning, eager to see if the traction control actually works and find that my girlfriend has taken the Zafira.

Still, got a 240 mile drive tonight, so that should give an opportunity to test it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
.. hmm .mine is the Zafira B, 120 Design cdti, but it hasnt got a sports button !! grrr, any idea how to turn the traction control of.... had a major problem today with all the snow... couldnt get up a even the slighhtest hill even with a run up... got over took by a peug Van.. (on the pic below) who just went straight up, with a bit of wheel spin, but he got up, buy the time i was 1/2 way up my foot was flat to the floor but the esp, cut in and brough me to a hault!... after rolling back down, and getting the local kids to give me a push i made it!!..
pic:-

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was out in some terrible snow this morning, one of the first cars on the road attacking 6" of virgin snow, the traction control was mint, gave the perfect balance between grip and spin going up even the most snow ridden hills, however i did spend most of the morning in 3rd ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
.. it was fine when your on the flat, put your foot down, fare enough, but up a hill, it need to be off^ belive me, and yes it was about 6"" see that on the roof^^

·
Registered
12 Posts
.. it was fine when your on the flat, put your foot down, fare enough, but up a hill, it need to be off^ belive me, and yes it was about 6"" see that on the roof^^
Strange :think

I've not had my car long and was very impressed with it over the TC on my old mondeo, the Zaf performed faultlessly even whn tackling some rather steep hills, mayby it's a difference in tyres, much feathering of throttle was required i must admit, dunno....

·
Registered
156 Posts
.. hmm .mine is the Zafira B, 120 Design cdti, but it hasnt got a sports button !! grrr, any idea how to turn the traction control of.... had a major problem today with all the snow... couldnt get up a even the slighhtest hill even with a run up... got over took by a peug Van.. (on the pic below) who just went straight up, with a bit of wheel spin, but he got up, buy the time i was 1/2 way up my foot was flat to the floor but the esp, cut in and brough me to a hault!... after rolling back down, and getting the local kids to give me a push i made it!!..
pic:-
I didn't think 120 hp versions have ESP or traction control, so there is nothing to turn off:( How many revs was the car doing? Was there a yellow light flashing on the dashboard?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.