Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2015 Zafira tourer 2.0cdti I am going to change the oil filter but cant find it (no Haynes manual available)
could someone tell me where it is and how hard it is to get to

Thanks
Phil

·
Worn Out Member
5,515 Posts
Not sure if it's the same on all the 2.0D Zaf C engine variants but generally look under the alternator

·
Worn Out Member
5,515 Posts
You're going to need to get the undershield off to actually get at it though

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes your right mate going to leave until next week I will have a weeks holiday hopefully find it by then lol
Thanks again Valer

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
It's at the back left hand side of the engine bay (belt side), as you look at it from the front. I can just about see mine on my Astra 2.0cdti from the engine bay, think I could change it from the top or at least get to the housing from the top. Then I'd suck the oil out using a 12v pump from the dipstick. I'm at work tomorrow day & night, but if you still can't find yours I'll take a pic of mine & post it. Same engine as mine I think if it's the 165bhp? Not sure about the 170bhp whisper version.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks4 Boroboy appreciate it will give it a go early next week as I'm working till Monday then have time to do it will let you know how I get on cheers again mate

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
If its like mine which is under the car beside the belts, you can take the front driver side wheel off and get it from there, just need to use a piece of cardboard to place underneath the oil filter housing to catch any spilt oil, and it always spills some out, saves you taking the bottom tray off if you have one--Dave

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
Here's the promised pics.
It's below the Alt pulley, as previously stated by Valer-
IMG_20200328_133059594~2.jpg

IMG_20200328_133052507~2.jpg

You can just see the top of the filter housing from the last pic (right middle of the pic). I have an Astra J, but I think I could get this off OK from the top.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Boroboy
Found it exactly where you said it was only problem is I cant get the locking wheel nut off looks so easy as well so need to take to garage to get locking wheel nut off

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
Hi Boroboy
Found it exactly where you said it was only problem is I cant get the locking wheel nut off looks so easy as well so need to take to garage to get locking wheel nut off
Might be worth just putting on a normal wheel bolt when you get the locking one off, I've done so on mine and the wife's motor.

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
Not sure, but have a look underneath & it's only plastic. One of the reasons I'd do it from the top & suck the oil out with a 12v pump, providing you could get to the filter housing from the top too. You've also got to raise the front of the car safely to get underneath it, if you are changing it the conventional way. I don't enjoy crawling under cars now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Boroboy
Ordered wheel lock removal tool with the wheel off it is right in Front of you very easy to get at. I tried going from the top it is very tight even when air filter housing is removed Going to wait for tool to remove wheel then will give it a go again
Thanks again for all your answers
Phil
Stay well and Stay Safe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts