Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I am a newbie here, having evolved mostly from Citroens. My Zafira 2004 (!) 1.8 petrol has a very sensitive alarm, which is often triggered by even a moderate blow of the wind, to the great discomfort of my neighbours. Would anyone advise, please, how can I neutralise it?

Best to all,
Zuzer

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Hi Zuzer, welcome to the forum. My 2001 zafira alarm used to go off at various times much to the annoyance of my neighbours. I took it back to the garage where i was led to believe they had fixed the fault. I was later to find out that they bypassed the power sounder which lives under the off side front wing (i think). It didnt fix the fault however and after further investigation of mine i decided to bypass the rear most glass break detectors on each side window. On mine the alarm element traveled around the glass and ends at two spade terminals. I simply took these spade terminals off the window and joined them together with a large blade type fuse. This worked for me. Apparently the wiring element breaks down over time and sets off the alarm . Good luck anyway

Bill

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
The power sounder has its own rechargeable batteries which start to fail and was a common fault too for spurious alarm activations I think this was why the garage bypassed it without investigating.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts