Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I wondered if someone can help ?
I brought a zafira 1.6 engine code x16xel
When I first got it it ran awful very juddering and especially when released the accelerator. So I had the egr valve replaced as well as the lambada sensor, the throttle body was cleaned and injector cleaner used through system . Then a full service including plugs , new coil pack and whilst it runs better now it idles really poor and although better still judders a bit when not accelerating , uses far too much fuel compared to the identical one I had before . It has been said I need new injector rail or a new throttle body but am running out of money fast . Lastly the middle part of my exhust has broken and has snapped to the back muffler but I'm guessing this won't have much impact on the driving as not long happened . Really need advice carry on just keep replacing bits or give up . No lights on dash or stored codes . Thank you for any help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi not sure what you mean by map ?
I have heard something about the mafia is that the air flow sensor ?

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Mafia, I wouldn't mess with them mate.

Mass air flow (maf)

Mass absolute pressure (map)

Apparently you don't have an maf as mark mentioned, so you have a map.

Map is on inlet manifold

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Thank you grant . I do remember the mechanic disconnecting the air sensor near the top left of the engine when he was trying different things which caused the engine management light to come on so he plugged it back in and said it was OK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.