Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
So I had my Zafira B 2008 1.6 petrol serviced recently and got rid of all the error codes.
A few days after I got it back the Zafira malfunction light came back on with the error code for the front oxygen sensor and P0171 Fuel too Lean codes. I saw this could be related to the oxygen sensor so would like to just confirm this.
However the main problem is that since I have owned the car (about 2-3 weeks now) it has been jerking constantly (kind of like its about to stall). This is much worse at lower speeds, and is actually quite violent where it becomes uncomfortable and moves me around in the seat. It will do it when it is accelerating and also if I leave it to cruise whilst still in gear. It kind of feels like its just wobbling forwards and backwards when it does it.
If I take it out of gear and just coast, it does not do it.

The person doing the service obviously noticed, and said he was not 100% sure what it could be, but had a strong theory it could be the ECU at fault here (which is an expensive repair), so I wanted to ask here to see what you guys think.
Also would the oxygen sensor fix this issue? or that completely unrelated?

The Zafira is going in for the recall on Monday. Would it be worth asking them for an opinion or will they charge me hundreds for just looking it at lol.

Thanks in advance!

If you need any more info im happy to help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also mention that the idle revs are quite high (around 1500 most of the time) and it also does this thing (sometimes) where when im stationary the revs will fluctuate, often between like 800 and 1300 constantly, it just keeps revving itself. Not sure if this could be linked?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same problem with the p0171 fault it was through the forum i found out about the blocked egr channels i removed the manifold and the plates behind and sure enough they were solid with carbon also the holes into the engine block were also blocked now cleaned the car runs great no more eml's
This job is not as daunting as it seems just label everything as it comes off and write a list in the order you did things. Then as you reassemble tick each thing on the list as you do it, its almost impossible to connect things up wrong what might happen is you may forget to connect something up. That's where the list comes in.
Hope you get a resolution to your problems i know how frustrating it can be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts