Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if I turn the control off cold all I get is a fast clicking sound and no heat, has anyone come across this before/ have any ideas. The fan blows on all speeds just cold air.

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
Could be the coolant cut off valve stuck, its mounted at the back of the heater matrix and stops hot coolant passing through the heater matrix when the air con is on cold...

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Marks DTM Calib said:
Could be the coolant cut off valve stuck, its mounted at the back of the heater matrix and stops hot coolant passing through the heater matrix when the air con is on cold...
could this be the same sort of deal on the Vectra.... cause I have an identical issue with my Vec.... the clim/control functions all seem to work.... but not hot air makes it through to the compartment.

work fine when I first bought it a month ago - but gave up all of a sudden one night about 10 days ago.

fans work - various settings work - outsid temp sensor works - but all I get is cold air..?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fault has changed slightly now as when its on cold I get a different type of clicking as when its on hot.

Is this cutoff valve accessable from the interior perhaps I could give it a knock with a technical adjuster (hammer)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds similar to a really common fault on peugeot 405 & 406s.

Don't know if vaux are similar but on the pugs the hot coolant goes through the heater matrix all the time. Turning the control to hot just opens a big plastic flap in the ducting to let the incoming cold air pass over the matrix. The problem is that the gear that opens the flap tends to split which causes a nasty constant clicking sound. Cos the flap can't open the heater blows cold air. Could it be similar on the vauxhalls?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts