Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New to the forums, just wondering if anyone knows the location of the oil pressure switch on the z20let engine as I have an oil leak and suspect the pressure switch may be the culprit. Recently I replaced the rocker cover gasket as that was also leaking, this did solve the main oil leak problem however after a drive if I open the bonnet and look straight down to the road from above the manifold/turbo area I see a couple of drops of oil nothing major really just really annoying. Other than that the car is sound and starts and pulls really well. Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
13,370 Posts
Could also be the turbo oil return pipe is leaking.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
If it's the same location as the leh it's on the back of the oil pump housing, above the driverside driveshaft, if your seeing oil under the front of the engine it's likely to be the oil return for the turbo.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's the same location as the leh it's on the back of the oil pump housing, above the driverside driveshaft, if your seeing oil under the front of the engine it's likely to be the oil return for the turbo.
Yeah it’s at the front of the engine the oil is but really low down just above sump area the underside of the turbo is caked in oil does that sound like it’s more likely to be the oil return? As the oil filter/pump area seems to be fair dry. Thanks for reply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts