Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I parked up at work this morning and locked the car, there was a smell like road tar being laid outside the car.

I didn't notice anything in the car, neither did I see a warning light on the dash. I did notice that my average mpg had dropped by 2 mpg, but I put that down to the cold and trying to catch up the time lost defrosting the car this am.

Does this sound like the DPF regen, I just thought that there was a light on when this happened.

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
sounds about right to me, u may need to take it for a longer run to allow it to burn off properly

·
Registered
28 Posts
Zafiral - the other thing that will show a regen is happening is that when stopped whilst is happening (traffic lights etc) the 'instant consumption' figure goes up to about 1.2 gal/hr instead of the normal 0.2 gal/hr

As I understand it , you will get a warning light (ignition coil that is lit briefly when starting from cold) if the DPF has reached a certain saturation but the driving conditions have not been correct for the regen to have started - at this point you need to get the speed/revs to the correct condition so the regen starts.

Having read various forums on the Internet about the regen process on the Zafira I did have some reservations about going for the diesel , but so far I have had no issues with the process - I reckon mine has done 4 or 5 since I got it in September - it does drop the MPG though !!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pullman

I saw some of those reviews on Wat Car forum especially, but thay mainly looked to be low milers or town based cars.

As I do about 55 miles a day on dual carriageways so hopefully it should be OK. If the warning lights are only if it can't auto regen properly, then I feel better.

Thanks everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.