Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 55 new shape zafira a few days ago, but i think ive got load of problems with it, both with engine and the electrics.
The thing is i dont know what i should have electric wise as standard on this model. When i press BC i get no function, there is no audible car alarm that i can get to work, there are no warnings i.e when i dont put my seat belt on, and i dont even know where to look to see the temp for the engine, all i can get displayed is the radio station name and the temp out side;
I have something going on under the bonnet, like a squeek every few seconds ( ive been reading about the power sounder on these forums, I dont know if this why the alarm wont work), but it sounds like that faded noise that sombody described.
It also sounds like my exaust is blowing from under the engine and its pretty noisy to drive and I feel a vibration underfoot when im driving,i dont have the power i think i should have and it sounds a bit jittery when idling.
Also when i press the c/locking button in the middle of the dashboard, the back doors dont lock, they click as though its been activated,but you can still open the doors the usual way.
I overspent on my budget for this car and i dont have a lot of money to play with for repairs, anybody help me please, i feel sick to my stomach and wish id stayed well clear of vauxhalls like people advised me.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
With the greatest respect, the Life model is pretty much the poverty spec and you're not going to get many toys for your money. Don't expect the BC (board computer) button to work as it won't, nor seat belt warnings either. I very much doubt it has an alarm as well.

You can check out the different specs on the Parkers website.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/vauxhall/zafira-2005.aspx?page=7

Being a 55 reg, this'll be a Zafira-B. No engine temperature gauge fitted on any of the models, all you get is a warning light - just like the Astra-H.

Can't comment on the central locking other than it sounds like there is a fault with the system.

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
where did you buy it from? if from a dealer might be an idea to get it back! did you not check the spec of the car prior to buying it? why wait till you bought it to find out what it doesn't do?? if you just bought it in last few days as you say then it should'nt be a problem to get this stuff put right.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i didnt check all the spec, because i set my mind on a elegance diesel in the old shape i agreed to buy one 2 weeks ago 54 plate in black,payed my deposit, but the guy changed his mind, so i was in a rush to get one, always wanted the new shape, but i might get rid now. Not impressed with it at all!!

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
not much to be impressed by with the life model, get yoursef an design or sri diesel u'll soon note the difference!

·
Registered
38 Posts
My floorpan vibrates underfoot when driving. It really annoys me. I'm going to try some dense foam under the mat to try and minimise it.

Can someone tell me what the power sounder is/does?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i still get probs sometimes with the electrics acting strange, and it sounds far too noisy like a diesel engine with slight vibration underneath, lik the middle bit of the exhaust is blowing, but i dont think its that; Ive booked it into a garage on monday, i absolutly hate the car, by far the worst one ive ever had, how much do you think ill get if i trade it in for a newer better model at vauxhall???

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
if you only just got it then hand it back saying your nor happy with it (list faults), ask for your money back or tell them you want a different car/model (you have the legal right to do this).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i bought this from a local dealer, the chances of me getting my money back are slim, and i dont think i want another car off this guy, i took a gamble and i wasnt lucky, could the grumbling underneath be any thing to do with the fuel system??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
there are **** loads of faults,
glove box lid faulty, (looking on ebay at the moment for one), no boot liner, no parcel shelf ( put in some bids),
some upholstery damage ( dont know where to start there?),
other faults ive fixed already,but im sure ill find out more on monday.
My last car was a corsa, had it from new for 11 years, totally faultless,but this hasnt been looked after, i thought it would of being mobility, took a gamble.

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
if its as bad as you say then make the dealer take it back, if he refuses then threaten him with trading standards. dont let him off with it you dont work hard all week for some **** to rip you off!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ive booked it in on monday,see what they say then ill decide, but yes i will contact trading standards and take some advice, my gut feeling is the exhaust needs changing, thats why i never noticed it on the test drive, they botched it up with tape or something, funny how it i only noticed it after a couple of days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.