Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the mistake of trying to wipe some lumps of snow off my screen and my wiper blades stuck. Since then, intermittent wipe and wash/wipe have not functioned at all. Single speed and double speed wipe work normally but the blades don't park - they just stop wherever they are when you cancel wipe. Single wipe (flick downwards) works as long as you hold the stalk down, but the blades stop wherever they are when you release it. Rear wiper and wash are functioning normally.

I assumed that something was frozen, but the car has thawed out nicely (up to 6.5C today - luxury!) and the wipers are still not working normally. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved - at least for now. I removed the 2 wiper relays - K5 and K6 in the under-bonnet fusebox - one at a time. I tested the wipers with each one out and nothing worked at all. When I replaced K6, the wipers operated once, although the ignition was off. When I switched the ignition back on with both relays in, the wipers operated properly on all settings. Either something has reset itself or one of the relays is a bit dodgy. If the wipers fails again, I'll try replacing one relay at a time.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Someone reported something similar on another forum with a Vectra C. Disconnecting battery seemed to make wipers re-learn correct action.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mmm - sounds as if it might be another case of modern cars being too smart for their own good. It makes you long for the good old days when if you couldn't take a spanner to it, it didn't exist.

·
Worn Out Member
8,029 Posts
Probably better to start your own thread with a few more details of the issue and exactly which relays you're trying to pin down,i don't think the Zafira C has a K5&6 relay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts