Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi wondering does anyone know the correct alignment toe angle settings for a Zafira b. I changed the wishbones and checked my alignment and get 20 minutes toe in. I can't find alignment settings for a Zafira b anywhere on Google or in Haynes manual.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
What are you using to check the alignment? You k ow these cars have to be preloaded with 70kg in each foot well or seat half a tank of fuel and all fluid levels ie coolent, washers, oil, pas fluid, brake fluid should all be on max to oryou won't ever get a correct reading from the start...

If you have uprated Nd lowered aftermarket suspension then ignore my comments as the preload is redundant

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I always set the front wheel toe in/out to parallel on my Astra H (basically the same car mechanically), and haven't had any problems with excessive tyre wear.
I use a very ancient tramel bar type alignment gauge. It's a bit of a faff to use, but I trust myself to get it right more than most garages/fast fits (plus it's free).
You have to set it to zero on the rear of the wheel rims, remove the tool, then roll the car until the same point on the rim is at the front at the same height, then place the tool in front of the wheel and measure the toe in/out using the spring loaded slide.
I was always taught that front wheel drive should be parallel to slight toe out, and rear wheel drive slight toe in.

Reactions: Robc98
1 - 3 of 3 Posts