Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was advised by someone to reset ecu.
I did so using a mac tools tablet and lead.
The device warned me " reset will cause car to not start" . Like a fool I clicked OK and now none of the keys start the car. There were no issues like this prior to resetting ecu.
Any advice on what I can do to get it working again. Do I need other software/device to sort the keys out?

My vehicle is 2014 Zafira B 1.8 XEL

Any advice is greatly appreciated

·
Worn Out Member
9,480 Posts
Oh that was a bit daft,anyway as long as you've only reset the ECM and not the CIM you should be able to recover it.
Presumably if your tool is capable of doing the re-set it has an immobilisr section and program immobiliser function option as well ?
Go check and let us know,maybe post a few pics of the screens you have

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
It might help if you gave the full story, like, why were you resetting the ECU? What faults did you have prior to this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I initially had a fault p0133. It came up and I cleared it.
Gas Bumper Toolbox Machine Box
The code returned after 100-200 miles driving. This had happened 3 times in last 2 months. I only do short journeys, probably 1 mile journeys twice daily. The guy who advised me to reset it said the car will learn this new pattern of driving and might solve the problem. I know I should have followed my gut feeling and just had the o2 sensors checked out.

I used the tablet in the photo.
It allowed me to reset ecu. The immobiliser section of the software it didn't include my car year. It only covered zafira b up to 2006 if I recall.
Gas Bumper Toolbox Machine Box

·
Worn Out Member
9,480 Posts
Sounds like a misunderstanding of the word re-set to me,
looks as though you may have either get someone round to program the immo function back in or buy a tool that'll do it.
Whatever you do don't be tempted to re-set anything else (especially the CIM)
Then you can get back to sorting the fault code out.

Reactions: Jericho92

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like a misunderstanding of the word re-set to me,
looks as though you may have either get someone round to program the immo function back in or buy a tool that'll do it.
Whatever you do don't be tempted to re-set anything else (especially the CIM)
Then you can get back to sorting the fault code out.
It was exactly that, thank you. All sorted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts