Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My project for the weekend is to fit a PD1 parking sensor to the Zafira. Having gone and looked under it today I'm going to have to remove the bumper. Has anyone done this?

Looking at it, there are two torx/allen screws in each wheel arch, twopush clips under the bumper and it looks like there is a fitting of some sort behind the rear light clusters (which means that they'll have to come out too). I was expecting something in the centre of the bumper in the tailgate aperture but cannot see anything.

Have I got this right or are there any other fixings that I need to remove?

Thanks

Stephen

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
no need to remove bumper i managed mine without doing so and it was a much easier job.

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
aw i see, oh well let us know how you get on always handy to know how to remove it just incase. i was able to get my hand right into bumper to apply silicone around drilled holes, so maybe possible to apply your system without removing bumper.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, a quick update. In the end the bumper came off really easily. For the benefit of anyone else here's the process:

1. Remove both rear light clusters
2. Undo the two torx head screws in each wheel arch.
3. Remove the two pin-clips holding the bumper to the underside of the car.
4. At the wheel arch pull the bumper towards you. It takes some effort but this pulls the bumper off of the clips between the wheel arch and the light cluster.
5. Release the catches holding the bumper to the panel under the light clusters.
6. From the rear of the car tilt the bumper slightly upwards and pull towards you. It should come off easily.

Replacement is the reverse but you'll need to make sure that the rubber seal of the tailgate sits over the lip of the bumper.

The PD1 parking sensor appears to work well. The minimum height is 400mm so I mounted it just below the hole for the rear towing eye at about 430mm. The only problem is that the cable from the antenna is quite short and they do not recommend extending it. I routed it through the rear vent behind the bumper and up into the n/s access panel to the fuse box.

Regards,

Stephen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.