Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oil cooler has been leaking for a while but it was no big issue but could smell this as it was landing on exhaust.
yesterday lots of smoke from engine and realised its coming from area of the oil filter and the seals must have failed completely on the oil cooler
I just wanted to know is do I just renew the seals only or shall I replace the whole oil cooler with new seals
also what other people had done with theirs and would I need to buy genuine VX or aftermarket cooler will do the job
any help would be appreciated
Car is 08 plate Zafira B 1.8 petrol with Z18XER engine

·
Registered
151 Posts
You can change the whole cooler
Genuine one is £135

Or this nissens one which is also fine:

Alternatively you can change the radiator which is bolted to the back of the cooler along with all the seals. If you opt for this make sure you clean the mating surfaces fully. It includes all the seals for the other coolant / oil pipes too:

Dont buy any other product as there are lots of china specials on ebay. If you want a proper job change the whole cooler. If you buy a cooler, you will also need seals 55354068, 55556547 , 24445723 , 55353331 and 2 of 55353328 . These come with the febi radiator.

This will help you with diagram showing where the seals are:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can change the whole cooler
Genuine one is £135

Or this nissens one which is also fine:

Alternatively you can change the radiator which is bolted to the back of the cooler along with all the seals. If you opt for this make sure you clean the mating surfaces fully. It includes all the seals for the other coolant / oil pipes too:

Dont buy any other product as there are lots of china specials on ebay. If you want a proper job change the whole cooler. If you buy a cooler, you will also need seals 55354068, 55556547 , 24445723 , 55353331 and 2 of 55353328 . These come with the febi radiator.

This will help you with diagram showing where the seals are:
Thanks for reply
and was thinking of changing the whole cooler and like nissen make
lots of cheap china out there

is there a kits I get for the other seals or they separate purchase

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks for reply
and was thinking of changing the whole cooler and like nissen make
lots of cheap china out there

is there a kits I get for the other seals or they separate purchase
Good choice pal

Buy the nissens cooler i sent above from lsc, and the remainder of the seals here:

It has the seals already included with the nissens cooler, just keep these spare!

Oil filter you will need too: HENGST E611H D442 OIL FILTER 4030776050646 | eBay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts