Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story, short ...... Bought a Zafira B, but somebody in th past has replaced the front bumper with a non-sensor version and removed the sensors and loom ..... So the rear ones don't work because the front are missing (checked in Op Com)

Is there anyway to disable the front sensors in the ECU to get the back ones working? .... Or could the ECU be swapped from a zafira with only rear sensors, would this work?

·
13,092 Posts
Have you looked at the available options in the variant coding to see if you can set it to rear only?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, what do you mean by "variant coding" ...... I've only just worked out how to get Op Com working.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
What options does it give you when you enter the Park Pilot module, you have the Fault Code function button at the top right, is there a special function or programming 'button'.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fault codes, there are 4, for each of the front sensors (open or low voltage) ... but this is because they are no longer connected ..... it has program button, but I can't find anything to do with sensors in it.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
Click on the programming button and take a picture of the next page then post it here.

·
13,092 Posts
You have a choice of two indeces - one is probably going to be front and back sensors, the other is likely to be rear only.
Whatever yours is set to now just program it to the other one.
You can always go back if it doesn't work.

·
Worn Out Member
5,984 Posts
Not sure a code index change is going to fix it,i found this

Untitled picture6.png

Reactions: Wilsonvee6

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried both codes .... no joy. ........ If I bought a parking ECU from a rear sensor only car from eBay ... would this work?

·
13,092 Posts
Just as an experiment connect as an Astra H of the same year and see if it gives you different options.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
I think the code index change is the way forward, its just the code index stored on his version of Opcom doesnt include the correct one, someone with Tech 2 should be able to rectify this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the help, ...... Would another module from a rear sensor only zafira work? .... After this, I'm giving up .......Thank you, everybody.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts