Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[SOLVED] Zafira b interior fan blower not working

Just noticed that the fan blower is not working on setting 1 2 & 3 but works on 4 , has any one any ideas??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I would guess the fan motor resistor pack has gone lame. (speed 1,2,3 go through this to reduce voltage and thus slow the motor) position 4 is a direct 12vdc Full power. The resistor pack is easy to change once you remove the glove box and pollen filter i believe. A haynes book should help. good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
took it back to dealers and they replaced resistors, but now a month on it has stopped working again, could it be the resistors again after a Month or is there something else i can check....

thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE:
ok got it working again, took out glove box and pollen filter and saw the resistor-pack / thermal fuse, First thing i noticed is that when they replaced the pack the last time they obvoiusly did not refit it correctly as it was sitting up out of its location slot in the filter housing, on closer inspection the carrier looks that it can only be fitted one way due to groves in the side of the unit....

anyway removed the resistor pack and had a good look , the thermal link had become de-soldered , so out with the soldering iron and 5 mins later fitted it back to the car, all speeds now working....

question that I am asking myself

why did it blow?....
....... am thinking that either due to it being fitted incorrectly it did not get enought air flow to cool the resistors....
or.... the fan motor is getting old and drawing too much current and therefore the resistors are producing too much heat....
or .... maybe I had the out lets set to blow out at face level and I had them all closed ..... would this cause them to over heat?
or ... maybe the thermal fuse simply did not have enuff solder on it !!

anyone any thoughts ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts