Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi….wonder if anyone can help. I have a Zafira Exclusiv 2013 and have had problems with the heater. The heater wouldn’t turn off or turn down…it was going between 6 and 7 and back to 6. I was advised to change the heater resistor, blower motor fan and pollen filter, which I managed to get for a reasonable price and a friend did for me. Trouble now is the blower makes a screeching noise when it comes on and sounds like something is caught in the fan. Also, it still goes between 6 and 7 and cannot be turned down.

Also…the jet washers are not working. They make a noise but nothing comes out.

I was a bit worried about driving it like this so the blower motor is currently disconnected. I have my MOT coming up in a couple of weeks so really need to get it sorted. Would appreciate any advice.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
The heater won't affect the MOT test.
As the pump is making a noise, the washers may well be a blocked filter in the washer bottle (common complaint). Remove the washer pump from the bottle, then remove the grommet in the washer bottle, the filter is built into the grommet. Run a hose pipe into the washer bottle filler to flush the bottle out (it's surprising how much scum builds up in the bottle). When it runs clear, clean the filter and replace the grommet & pump. To prevent this happening again, only use a good quality washer fluid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The heater won't affect the MOT test.
As the pump is making a noise, the washers may well be a blocked filter in the washer bottle (common complaint). Remove the washer pump from the bottle, then remove the grommet in the washer bottle, the filter is built into the grommet. Run a hose pipe into the washer bottle filler to flush the bottle out (it's surprising how much scum builds up in the bottle). When it runs clear, clean the filter and replace the grommet & pump. To prevent this happening again, only use a good quality washer fluid.
Thanks Alan G H - I wouldn’t have the faintest clue how to remove the washer pump from the bottle - think that may need a trip to a garage.

Anyone have any ideas about the heater fan etc? Would really appreciate some help on that.

·
15,923 Posts
It just pulls out, it is only push fitted into the rubber grommet.

Reactions: Alan G H

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
You can buy a Haynes manual for about £20 on ebay, I think they also do a cheaper on line version as well.
It's well worth getting one, as you will save that much by doing simple jobs yourself instead of paying a garage!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts