Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..
I'm back looking for more advice 馃檲
Other daughters Zafira 1.9 CDTI SRI,
2009 (59) plate has an issue with the drivers side (off side UK spec) dipped headlight not working.
Side light and indicator works perfectly.
No voltage to the dipped headlight
I have removed whole front end, and traced the headlight cables completely back to the fuse box and there is no break in it whatsoever. I have tested the wiring for continuity and there is no issue there so I'm presuming the issue must be within the fuse box, there can't be a switch issue as the near side head light works.
Can anyone confirm if the fuse box is likely to be the fault? If we replace the unit with a used one what numbers so we need to match up? Is there anything else we could try? I have removed the unit and visually inspected it but can't see anything obvious.
Also does this item need to be coded in? Have Vaux.com so can do it.
Would be grateful of any assistance anyone may be able to offer.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your comment.
Yes, it was off for the entire time the wiring was being done.

Registered
Have to tried removing fuses relating to lighting according to the manual numbers?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Bear in mind this is a can-bus electrical system, you will not get 12 volts to the light unless the controller can test the circuit and find no faults. This includes the bulb & earth on the light. First, double check the bulb & connections, and the earth connection.
I would then try removing the UEC (large fuse box under the bonnet) and drying it out carefully, and cleaning the contacts underneath where the loom attaches with electrical contact cleaner.
There is a thread on this forum about stripping & cleaning the UEC. To dry it out, it needs several hours on top of a radiator, or in the airing cupboard. Even a tiny amount of damp can cause chaos with the electrics.
The UEC contains a board that is coded to the car, so cannot just be swapped unless you have the security code of the car the replacement came off (or the replacement was "divorced" from the doner car), and you have opcom or Tech2.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I have physically checked every fuse in both fuse boxes (under bonnet and rear) as there doesn't seem to be a specific fuse for the headlights 馃 all are fine though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
And I have vauxcom to do any programming so no issue there. Which part numbers so I have to match up? And by divorced do you mean reset (as seen on tea bay)
Many thanks.

Worn Out Member
That's correct,there are no fuses,have you tried activating the dipped headlights with your Vauxcom ?
UEC>output tests

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, no I haven't.
I will get the car back over and give that a shot and post the results,
But would that not affect both headlights?
Many thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts