Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i know this has come up many times and have read all the threads on the subject but....

I have an 08 1.8 Sri which has just had its first service,
Very nice it is to, I got it relatively cheaply as it had highish mileage and i am well pleased with it so far :D.
I asked the service man if it could be retrofitted with cruise control easily and he said it would involve a new ABS hub :eh amongst other things and be very expensive.
After what i have read here that seems a bit odd to me, anyone know if he was talking through his bottom perchance ? Note, they are the only Vauxhall main dealer in the local area :(

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi sounds like a botty burp to me too - the cruise stalks are not that bad - i would check you have a 4 pin brake switch and clutch switch - if you have these in addition to the extra stalk wiring already fitted - you would just need to fit the stalk - try it - if it doesn't work ask another vx or a fitter on a sat morning to activate the cruise in both the main menu and the secondary sub menu
regards
Steve

·
Registered
59 Posts
Suppose it depends on the model, but I have a 55 reg new shape zafira CDTI SRI. All that was needed was a new stalk for £41.
I paid another £40 ish for the tech2 programming and guess I could have got it done cheaper but the chap that did it knew his stuff and will probably end up being my garage of choice. I think he has forgotten more than the VX dealerships know. For the driving I do it was £80 very well spent.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi sounds like a botty burp to me too - the cruise stalks are not that bad - i would check you have a 4 pin brake switch and clutch switch - if you have these in addition to the extra stalk wiring already fitted - you would just need to fit the stalk - try it - if it doesn't work ask another vx or a fitter on a sat morning to activate the cruise in both the main menu and the secondary sub menu
regards
Steve

Excellent, will do some digging many thanks.

·
VxON Pond life
761 Posts
All the diesels have the clutch switch, they all have the 4 pin brake switch the only problem that might arise is that the instrument cluster might not have the light on the dash, it will still work without it but you wont have a visual of when it is on. not all have the wiring to the clutch pedal either....... in which case you have to install wiring from ecu to pedal. Programming takes 5 mins but you will need your security code too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Zafira B clutch wiring

Does anybody have the info on adding the extra wiring for the clutch switch including which pins etc and how to do it? . If any of you want cruise switching on with OPCOM, I live just north of Derby and can do it for you, (I have done it on my Diesel but also have a petrol 1.6 current without the wiring hence this posting:cool:). [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
[QUOTE = "thelion, gönderi: 2383944, üye: 88030"]
Zafira B debriyaj kablosu

Herhangi bir debriyaj anahtarı için ekstra pimler ekleme hakkında bilgi olan var mı? . Eğer herhangi biriniz OPCOM ile seyir açma istiyorsanız, Derby'nin hemen kuzeyinde yaşıyorum ve sizin için yapabilirim, (Dizelimde yaptım, ancak kablolama olmadan da bir 1.6 akım selam opel zafira B 2005 yardımçı olursan memnun olurum.istersen şase no yu da atarım.+905452804745 vakkas

·
Super Moderator
13,097 Posts
[QUOTE = "thelion, gönderi: 2383944, üye: 88030"]
Zafira B debriyaj kablosu

Herhangi bir debriyaj anahtarı için ekstra pimler ekleme hakkında bilgi olan var mı? . Eğer herhangi biriniz OPCOM ile seyir açma istiyorsanız, Derby'nin hemen kuzeyinde yaşıyorum ve sizin için yapabilirim, (Dizelimde yaptım, ancak kablolama olmadan da bir 1.6 akım selam opel zafira B 2005 yardımçı olursan memnun olurum.istersen şase no yu da atarım.+905452804745 vakkas View attachment 91305

if you would like to add to the content of threads, can you please write them in english please, thanks...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts