Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My zafira has no warning lights or anything but while driving the car drives in lower gears quite juddery and while accelerating the acceleration slows down at the point you’d just start to think about changing up a gear, the revs do slowy get to the point to change gear but when they do there sounds like a big air release coming either through the vents or to the right front of the car, then when you change gear the air release stops until you reach the required revs to change gear again. It run sluggish in lower gears, but not as rough from 3 upwards although the speed tops out at 70mph when driving in 5th down motorway

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you give us some details of the car e.g. model, engine, history, any recent work done etc please
Hi mate, thanks for your reply.

It’s a zafira exclusive cdti eflx Diesal 1686cc 2012 plate

Not had any recent issues with it until this started happening, I was going down the motorway without issue then when I got off I started hearing the air sound and was thinking it had something to do with the air con, but then I realised it had lost power while accelerating

·
Dammit...driving the world's most boring car
3,047 Posts
Depending on the model. Split turbo hose sounds like that and gives those results.

Pop the bonnet and get someone to hold the revs up a bit until you hear the sound...then follow the noise /feel for the draft.

Watch your fingers...lots of hot and spinning stuff.

Big fat air pipes... Follow the path from turbo / intercooler / inlet on the engine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depending on the model. Split turbo hose sounds like that and gives those results.

Pop the bonnet and get someone to hold the revs up a bit until you hear the sound...then follow the noise /feel for the draft.

Big fat air pipes... Follow the path from turbo / intercooler / inlet on the engine
Cheers mate, will give it a go

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Tried Erving car while looking under bonnet but it didn’t make the same noise as it does when it’s in gear

·
Dammit...driving the world's most boring car
3,047 Posts
Tried Erving car while looking under bonnet but it didn’t make the same noise as it does when it’s in gear
Just have to look / feel around for a split - almost always near the ends of the pipes / hoses, Doesn't hurt to take them off to inspect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts