Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have gotten a problem with my zafira (Zafira A 2,0 DTi X20DHT)

My Air-condition is not working all the time. The system is fully loaded with liquid/gas. The light in the A/C button light up when activated. BUT - the AC unit in the engine bay does not activate. However - sometimes the system works fine for a periode. And - then it stops working for some time.

I hope/think it is some sort of electrical problem. Faulty wiring. BUT - does anyone know of a common fault in the AC system of the zafira A, where it would be a good idea for me to look first? Or - any other idea of what may be wrong and how to fix?

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Might be the compressor clutch on the way out. I believe there are repair kits for these which save a fair bit of money over replacing the whole unit. Might be worth having a look at the part number if you can find it and seeing if available for your model.

A good explanatory video here:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be the compressor clutch on the way out. I believe there are repair kits for these which save a fair bit of money over replacing the whole unit. Might be worth having a look at the part number if you can find it and seeing if available for your model.

A good explanatory video here:

Thank you very much for that video. I have another zafira I use for spare parts - the AC compressor on that one is dead due to interal reasons. But - the clutch should work fine. Looks like a fairly easy job to switch the AC clutch :)

Thank you very much for your help :)

·
13,346 Posts
That's a good video, never knew quite how the clutch assembly worked.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
I only found it a few months ago when i was looking at my own system and the cost of a new compressor. This is a much cheaper option if you can find the parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.