Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - help needed please?
My Zafira A let me down at the roadside last Thursday, engine just died, everything else OK. Checked under bonnet - nothing obvious. Checked fuse box and fuse 46 (labelled engine management) was blown. Replaced it and engine started but fuse immediately blew again. Replaced with 20A (original 15A) and it blew again. Recovered to dealer by AA.
Dealer can find nothing wrong and has replaced 15A fuse with 30A fuse saying that my Nokia carkit (connected to radio, fuse 34) and Motorola carkit (connected to cig. lighter, fuse 36) are overloading fuse 46 which is a general ignition circuit. :rolleyes: I cannot believe this as the Nokia was working when I called the AA with fuse 46 o/c.:grrr
I do not like the idea of driving around the country with a 'double the fuse rating' fix.
Any ideas what is connected to fuse 46 apart from ECU please?
Thanks Graham

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fuse 46 - update

I moved my car to another (better) dealer who worked hard and found the problems, 2 in total! Problem 1: Glow-plug timer faulty and this, plus the ECU, is attached to fuse 46. Problem 2: A part of the wiring loom, immediately below the battery carrier, was rubbing on the bodywork and was intermittently shorting out.
With both problems sorted I went to Somerset today with no problems at all.
Time to compose my letter of complaint to the 1st dealer.
I hope this helps some-one when they get a fuse 46 blow.
Graham

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.