Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,104 Posts
The ecu relay powers the fuse via the internal circuits of the fuse box (hence why we thought the fuse box was faulty), the wire to inspect closely is a Brown/white wire, this supplies the ecu relay with a ground from the ecu. This wire goes to Pin 16 of the fuse box plug XE3, it comes from Pin 62, i just rechecked the colour and its possible it could also be a Brown/Yellow wire the pin assignment will be the same though just a possibility of two colours.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
The ecu relay powers the fuse via the internal circuits of the fuse box (hence why we thought the fuse box was faulty), the wire to inspect closely is a Brown/white wire, this supplies the ecu relay with a ground from the ecu. This wire goes to Pin 16 of the fuse box plug XE3, it comes from Pin 62, i just rechecked the colour and its possible it could also be a Brown/Yellow wire the pin assignment will be the same though just a possibility of two colours.
Thank you. I will check this and get back to you.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Hi @andyl ,
I removed the cable from ecu to the fuse box yesterday & took the inner cables out of cover. There are about 30/40 cables inside. As you suggested had a look for brown/yellow cable. One small part of the cable was badly corroded so I removed the corroded part and then re-join the cable, reassembled the whole lot back and the car started fine. Had a quick drive for couple of miles and it seems to be fine - no check engine lights or anything. There are some error codes but I guess these are the old ones and need to be cleared.

I broke few holders while removing the cable but replaced these with cable ties. Overall took me about 2 hours to do all this - started at 10PM and finished around 12 in the chilling cold but at least (fingers crossed) managed to get it fix.

Once again thank you very much for your help @andyl. You are a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

·
Premium Member
15,104 Posts
Nice one mate, dont think i would have had the stamina to work in the dark and cold at that time of night,..lol,.. well done though mate,... (y)(y)

81 - 84 of 84 Posts