Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,104 Posts
Your replacement will already be reset so all you need to do is make a note of your settings (Canbus and Variant Configuration) in your old one before removal, once the replacement is fitted and has the security code programmed you can then set it to suit your settings,...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Your replacement will already be reset so all you need to do is make a note of your settings (Canbus and Variant Configuration) in your old one before removal, once the replacement is fitted and has the security code programmed you can then set it to suit your settings,...
Okay. Make sense.

What does UEC stands for?

So in summary,

-Connect the laptop and using OPCOM software, make a note of Canbus and Variant Configuration as per your document of the current configuration with faulty fuse box.
  • Disconnect laptop
  • Replace fuse box physically
  • Connect the laptop and using OPCOM software, reprogram.
  • Restore the settings that you have noted in step 1.

Seems good?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Your replacement will already be reset .
Just for my understanding, when you mentioned that the part i should buy should already have been reset or I should be given security code, is just so I can reset it myself with the existing code and then reprogram to my vehicle code? Is this understanding correct?

·
Premium Member
15,104 Posts
Just for my understanding, when you mentioned that the part i should buy should already have been reset or I should be given security code, is just so I can reset it myself with the existing code and then reprogram to my vehicle code? Is this understanding correct?
Yes mate,..(y)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thats it mate, simples, lol...... UEC = Underbonnet Electrical Center.
Man, I can't thank you enough. My only exposure to vehicles are refuelling and driving & you guided me so much. I once again can't thank you enough. I will message you tomorrow again after doing the fuse 21 and if it does not work then will buy the link you shared.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Looks like I have messed something up.
The car failed to start with fuse 21 and the fuse 19 cable.

I then removed the cable that we introduced and connected fuse 21 (same leg) to battery positive terminal directly but the car still not starting.

·
Premium Member
15,104 Posts
Check power to the other fuses,... Do you have an EML and car/spanner light when turning the ignition on,....... do the pedal test or read codes and see what other codes are present.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Getting the following errors
and the car was not starting.

I removed the battery for about a min. Bridged fuse 21 and the car is now starting fine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
Hi @andyl , I got the fuse box from ebay, & replaced and reprogram it with op-com (one of my friend had op-com software and device) but still no luck.

With switch on, I am still getting the same 2.xx voltage on fuse 21. If I bridge fuse 21, then the car starts fine for first time but when switched off & try to start it refuses to start unless remove battery for few secs.

I noticed that there is some corrosion behind the new fuse box, is it because of that?

60130 and 68506 are the two errors appearing via paddle trick.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
15,104 Posts
That dont look to good mate, i would send it back,,,,, , it would be a bit coincidental for the replacement fuse box to cause the same fault though, i would check the wiring from ecu to fuse box, the section i identified earlier in the thread, just remove the outer plastic protection and inspect the wires,....

·
Premium Member
15,104 Posts
Did you unwrap all the wires inside and inspect them, you can unplug it from the ecu to make it easier.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I didn't unwrap these but looked inside the casing. Will do the unwrap and recheck. Any hints about colours as which cable will most probably be powering the fuse in general and FE21 in particular?

61 - 80 of 84 Posts