Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Need your suggestions.

I have a Zafira 2010 1.8 petrol which is refusing to start. Steps I have taken so far

1. Tried jump starting without any luck
  2. Checked the fuse box in the engine compartment for fuel pump fuse (no 24) and it seems good.
  3. Tried easy start spray (with jump start) and the car started for about 5 sec & then stoped.

Any thoughts/suggestions

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
What happened for it to be like this, has it not been used for a few months or did it just stop running and wont restart.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What happened for it to be like this, has it not been used for a few months or did it just stop running and wont restart.
I used it on last Friday and tried starting it yesterday and found the issue. So it was not started for about 3/4 days.

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Was the battery flat and is the lid of your engine bay fuse box securely fitted or is it loose.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was the battery flat and is the lid of your engine bay fuse box securely fitted or is it loose.
I tried jump starting without any luck. Battery was not flat but now it is. Fuse box is secure - I checked it and there is no water etc.

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
If you have enough power in the battery try the pedal trick, push the throttle and brake pedal down and turn the ignition on, you will/should get fault codes come up in the display where the mileage is with the letters ECN at the beginning, just write down what you get and post them here. It may give a clue as to whats wrong.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have enough power in the battery try the pedal trick, push the throttle and brake pedal down and turn the ignition on, you will/should get fault codes come up in the display where the mileage is with the letters ECN at the beginning, just write down what you get and post them here. It may give a clue as to whats wrong.
ECN 068506
ECN 060130

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
I would run through the fuses again, also check the earth cable on the body of the ecu, also pull the ecu relay and test what power you have in the slots on the fuse box, do you have a MM.
P0685 06 Main Relay Circuit Low Voltage
P0601 30 Replace Electronic Control Unit (ECU)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would run through the fuses again, also check the earth cable on the body of the ecu, also pull the ecu relay and test what power you have in the slots on the fuse box, do you have a MM.
P0685 06 Main Relay Circuit Low Voltage
P0601 30 Replace Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
Yes, I do have a MM.

Sorry, I didn't get "also pull the ecu relay and test what power you have in the slots on the fuse box,"? I pulled the ecu relay (Is this the correct one?) but how do i check the power in the slots on the fuse box?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Main relay is marked in the picture below, so if that relay came from this position then yes thats the correct one,.. once removed turn the ignition on and probe each slot to see what power you have on which slot, you should get battery voltage on 30 and 86 and a ground on 85, you could also try bridging pins 30 and 87 with a length of wire to see if the car comes to life.

zafira uec.png

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it the one shown in red or black? (The below picture is from user manual)

Also, How do I check fuse number 21? as it is different to others?

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
The one marked with the balck arrow, F21 is a slow blow fuse, to test it pull the fuse out and set your MM to continuity, so it beeps when you touch the probes, then just touch the prongs of the fuse, no continuity means the fuse is blown.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When you say "you could also try bridging pins 30 and 87" what i understand is remove the relay and put one end of small cable in the socket where pin 30 goes and other end to pin 87 socket & try starting the car. Is this understanding correct?

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
I reckon you have a broken wire in the loom between the ecu and fuse box, the wire normally corrodes on a small damaged part of the wire about 6 to 8 inches from the ecu plug, this prevents the ecu from energising.

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Did you check you had power at the relay pins, when you bridged the two big pins did you have battery voltage on the wire.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts