Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - picked up my Zafira last week (Design 2008).

Just wondering if it is normal that the power will still flow to anything (sat nav etc) plugged into the 12V sockets - even when the ignition is turned off?

If so can this be easily changed?

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
If i am not mistaken atleast on my car which is the old version zaf the power will stay on for a little while ...

Have you tried what happens to the power when locking the doors ?

Vectraowner

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
HI i think the power to the socket is on all the time - - best checking the hand book for full details it says the socket can flatten the battery if they are used when the engine is not turning
cheers
Steve

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
not sure mine stays on if i leave something plugged in but think it swithces off after 10mins? tip for you, did you know you can fit a 3rd socket in rear (below rear seat heaters) its pre wired all you have to do is buy socket and insert/cap (cost me bout £2.40) and thats you got a 3rd! just plug it in and thats it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think, although I haven't checked, that the socket in the boot is always live. The socket/s in the cabin do power off after a period of time. Exactly the same as the interior lights if you leave them on.

Stephen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies.

The socket in question is the one in the rear - below the heater vents.

I locked the car and left a dvd player connected for 15 mins - however it stayed on !!

No big deal - just better remember to turn it off !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.