Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new member in need of a little advice
Just got a work in progress 1.9 cdti zafira and the chap I brought it off had put 15inc wheel and spacers on it and the Speedo don't work.
I have now put 16inc on it as it say in the book but left the spaces on it would that make a difference to the Speedo not working

·
13,673 Posts
No.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Worn Out Member
6,419 Posts
Yes you'll a scanner that'll connect to the abs system (something like opcom) to clear the codes
but if the fault is present you'll also need it to read the abs fault codes to get an idea why the speedo isn't working

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you'll a scanner that'll connect to the abs system (something like opcom) to clear the codes
but if the fault is present you'll also need it to read the abs fault codes to get an idea why the speedo isn't working
Cool chap I got it off was told by a garage the speed sensor was picking up on
the smaller wheels but replace all the abs hubs and it still don't work. Will take it to a garage to get code removed and were what happens. Was maybe thinking of getting a code reader off eBay but not sure what to get

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Cool chap I got it off was told by a garage the speed sensor was picking up on
the smaller wheels but replace all the abs hubs and it still don't work. Will take it to a garage to get code removed and were what happens. Was maybe thinking of getting a code reader off eBay but not sure what to get
You haven't told us the age of the car.
If you are thinking of getting a code reader, you really need to get an opcom, which works through a laptop, and is dedicated to Vauxhalls.
You might want to contact Koicarpkeeper, he supplies opcoms that actually work, unlike a lot of the Chinese rubbish on eBay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You haven't told us the age of the car.
If you are thinking of getting a code reader, you really need to get an opcom, which works through a laptop, and is dedicated to Vauxhalls.
You might want to contact Koicarpkeeper, he supplies opcoms that actually work, unlike a lot of the Chinese rubbish on eBay.
Oops soz it's on an 07 plate

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got code read and its coming up with u2108 cam bus no communication with abs amongst other codes so this I got a duzy of a car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts