Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have changed the cam belt,water pump,all pulleys and cam pulley on my Zafira and the engine starts and runs.How ever when pressing the accelerator pedal nothing happens. I have cleaned both egr valve and judder valve but no change.
any help and advice would be very appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
28,181 Posts
When you say nothing happens , what exactly do you mean ?

Reactions: Paul76

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi it moves ever so slightly if you put you foot all the way down and then start the engine it goes up to 1500 revs but then goes back down to just under 1000.Noticed the vacume pump was shattered in side so have also changed that but still no change.

·
Worn Out Member
8,213 Posts
Two of the codes point to a throttle valve/wiring/ecm problem,did you remove the cover from the throttle valve,drain any oil out and clean the circuit board ?
P1125 08 Throttle Actuator Feedback Circuit Malfunction
P0638 04 Electronic Throttle Control Circuit open
P0180 07 Fuel Temperature Sensor Circuit High Input
P1322-73 code not applicable to this engine

Reactions: Paul76 and andy_v

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just managed to delete all the codes using a obd2 scanner.all except 112508.would this cause the no acceleration?
once again thank you for your help and advice.

·
Worn Out Member
8,213 Posts
The code would indicate a problem with the sensor signal,check fuse FE21 in the UEC is ok first
but have you checked the plug to the throttle valve is in ok,no corrosion,no breaks etc
it's the light blue/orange wire from terminal 4 on the connector to the ecm connector XC52,pin 52
Untitled picture.png
XC52.png

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi yes the connector was loose.
however back to the drawing board....
now no codes at all and no throttle response at all.
its now gone from nearly attempting to rev to now nothing at all (just idling at 900) would the timing have any effect to this as all that has been done was the cam belt.

·
15,893 Posts
Wonder if you have bent a pin when checking the connector?

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Worn Out Member
8,213 Posts
hi yes the connector was loose.
however back to the drawing board....
now no codes at all and no throttle response at all.
its now gone from nearly attempting to rev to now nothing at all (just idling at 900) would the timing have any effect to this as all that has been done was the cam belt.
run it for a while and you should get a code or two appear,you could really do with opcom and a multimeter though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi great advice so far many thanks
now after running the engine for a while the sensor for the cam shaft 034029 appeared.i have checked the connection and then removed the engine mount and casing to investigate.
the timing marks are not lining up any more is that normal?
i decided to re do the timing belt with all marks lining up.however the cam shaft wont line up when it gets close to the mark it jumps forward i could have somebody hold it in place to do but am concerned that this didn't happen when first done.
has anyone seen this before?

·
Worn Out Member
8,213 Posts
The code is open circuit,what engine is this,the DT/DTL or DTH ?

Reactions: andy_v

·
Worn Out Member
8,213 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hi the belt was cut off and no locking tool used.
when turning the engine over twice the marks do not go back.
how is the best way to ensure tdc?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts