Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has the above car, it's a 2008 model,with just 30000 miles on the clock.
When he first got it ,it flew( his words) but now the pickup is slow, he had the engine internals cleaned professionaly and we thought having it remapped to take out the EGR and DPF might bring it back to normal but it made no difference.
It has been suggested that the drive fluid is not building enough pressure to start with, could it be this and how do we fix it.

·
13,330 Posts
Drive fluid?
Is it an automatic?

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Hi
I dont know anything about automatics but when my car lacked power it was because of a sticking/ faulty egr valve or leaking swirls flaps. 30,000 is a low mileage for a 2008 model. The mot rules have changed so i would seek advice before removing dpf .

Bill

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The remap has been left on the car and it has helped acceleration just a bit bit not like it should.
According to the guy that did the remap everything is showing up as working good.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Mine was showing up a fault code for each of my faults. Same code each time which made it a tad more difficult to find. Is there any codes at all ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think one pointing to the EGR,but it should have been spotless after some sort of fancy clean that had been done.
Maybe a leftover code.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Checked this morning with opcom and there are no errors showing, also checked the swirl flaps and the arm is on and working the flaps as it should?

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Have another look at the swirls although they are moving they might be leaking . Check for oil around each arm. At the base where the rod sits that connects them all together.

I wouldnt have thought they would be leaking at only 30,000 though.

Bill

·
Worn Out Member
6,169 Posts
Have you checked the condition(no antifreeze mixed in) and level of the transmission fluid ?

·
Worn Out Member
6,169 Posts
I'm no auto expert but i found this on the AF40 box

Torque Converter Stator
The torque converter stator roller clutch can have two different malfunctions.
• The stator assembly freewheels in both directions.
• The stator assembly remains locked up at all times.
Poor Acceleration at Low Speed
If the stator is freewheeling at all times, the car tends to have poor acceleration from a standstill.
At speeds above 50–55 km/h (30–35 mph), the car may act normally. For poor acceleration, you should first determine that the exhaust system is not blocked, and the transmission is in First gear when starting out.
If the engine freely accelerates to high RPM in NEUTRAL, you can assume that the engine and the exhaust system are normal.
Check for poor performance in DRIVE and REVERSE to help determine if the stator is freewheeling at all times.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update

My son decided as I could not fix it, to sell the thing, so he has been and bought a Mazda cx5 and has parked the zafira up till someone buys it. More money than sense some people and definitely no patience.
Thanks everyone who tried to help.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Ahh well you tried. Be sure to mention this forum to the new owner . They just might need it.

Bill

·
"Red One.."
2,873 Posts
My money would have been on the EGR, regardless of the cleaning if it was bad enough and sticking open that'll do it. Especially if it were mapped out but not physically blanked. Bunging a full blanking plate (£pennies) in it temporarily would prove it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts