Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone know what these extra pipes do on this intake pipe, I was looking on ebay and some have it but some don't, what is the purpose of these pipes?

·
15,367 Posts
They are resonators.
They reduce intake noise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok, will the air intake without resonator cause any airflow issues compared to the intake with them? or does it simply just reduce intake noise and nothing else? which one would you buy out of the 2?

·
15,367 Posts
I'd buy the correct one for your engine. Unless of course you like induction roar.

Reactions: Covert

·
Registered
1 Posts
The function of the air intake system is to allow air to reach your car engine. Oxygen in the air is one of the necessary ingredients for the engine combustion process. A good air intake system allows for clean and continuous airflow into the engine, thereby achieving more power and better mileage for your car.

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 Manual 2009
43 Posts
Hey does anyone know what these extra pipes do on this intake pipe, I was looking on ebay and some have it but some don't, what is the purpose of these pipes?
View attachment 94906
View attachment 94907
Just saw this that you posted awhile back
I asked the same thing and got the same answer, which was helpful
I went ahead with the no resonator intake from the diesel and maybe its me but since fitting it I prefer it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts