Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • So i purchased a 2008 zafira 1.6 petrol a few weeks ago to discover there was a big crack in the cat which i replaced. Since then it idles irratically between 1800 and 1100 full revs. Then if you just touch the accelerator it begins hunting constantly between 1000 and 1200 rpm. All the piping seems fine and the actual block is in good shape. Any ideas ?? Secondly the fuel gauge will go up when filled but then goes down very quickly, then up if i travel up hill and down when going downhill.
  • I have also done the pedal trick and the code that shows is ecn 017152 any help would be appreciated

·
"Red One.."
2,791 Posts
First guess would be potentially blocked EGR channels - causes P0171 which is a fuel trim fault, and is particularly troublesome at closed/partial throttle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Im in the garage right now haha. Having the air system tested and the coolant system too. My mechanic is hoping to find a fault this way as his diagnostic found a p0171 fualt code. Will update

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Thanks. Im in the garage right now haha. Having the air system tested and the coolant system too. My mechanic is hoping to find a fault this way as his diagnostic found a p0171 fualt code. Will update
The coolant would definitely be the first thing I would check when a P0171 pops up...I'm sure he will give you a water tight diagnosis 😬

·
Worn Out Member
4,882 Posts
The coolant would definitely be the first thing I would check when a P0171 pops up...I'm sure he will give you a water tight diagnosis 😬
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well its failed the pressure test badly. Cylinders 1,4,5 are knackered misfiring and 4 wont decompress properly. Good as scrap

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly it just honestly sounds as if its got a huge supercharger bolted to it with the wurring scream it gives out. Hence the 14mpg im getting as it revs it guts out but goes nowhere haha. The dealer is swapping it for another zafira today as its faulty. Anything i should look out for on this one ??

·
"Red One.."
2,791 Posts
Exactly it just honestly sounds as if its got a huge supercharger bolted to it with the wurring scream it gives out. Hence the 14mpg im getting as it revs it guts out but goes nowhere haha. The dealer is swapping it for another zafira today as its faulty. Anything i should look out for on this one ??
That sounded to me more like an air leak. I'd have been dubious also as to the report on such catastrophic failure :eek: what Zafira are you looking at this time round?

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
That sounded to me more like an air leak. I'd have been dubious also as to the report on such catastrophic failure :eek: what Zafira are you looking at this time round?
the one the dealership want rid of I'd imagine!

Finding it hard to believe that after changing the cat the car has become a write off. was the car running OK with the split in that cat before hand?

·
"Red One.."
2,791 Posts
Sounds to me like a misfire has overheated the cat - I bet it's much more a simple fix than the garage have found thus far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tbh the other zafira was even worse 🤦‍♂️ im kind of stuck up sh*t creek without a paddle and when the cat was changed it ran perfect for a few days now this. Luck of the irish me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts