Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, ive just replaced the Timing & Balance chains and tensioners etc on my 2.2 vectra B...

On initial start up after completion, there was a lot of tapping for a good couple of minutes until it quietened down to normal, which I put down to the new oil circulating around the engine and chains.

I took it for a good drive and all seemed well. On starting it up this morning it made the same noise which again took a few minutes to calm down......

Anyone got any ideas what this could be??
It never done this before the chain replacement....someone has suggested its worn oil pump gears, not getting the oil pressure up quick enough and circulating but im not convinced!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its had a brand new filter but 5w40 fully synthetic went in, ive always run it on 5w30 semi synthetic, Thinking of draining it and putting the usual back in....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its had a brand new filter but 5w40 fully synthetic went in, ive always run it on 5w30 semi synthetic, Thinking of draining it and putting the usual back in....

Update....Drained it down replaced with 5w30 noise gone except for a sodding crack in the downpipe near the flexi-pipe

New Cat it is then, FML!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts