Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
15,645 Posts
That pipe is clearly bigger than 3.5mm external diameter so it will be the internal diameter.

Reactions: bar72

·
Premium Member
15,647 Posts
It also looks like its been replaced before, i would check what size its supposed to be,...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all, relentless this car is becoming ;)

So I have what looks like a fuel leak, running fine and no warning lights on dash but there is a bit of smoke when I pop the bonnet and looks like diesel collecting in the wells where I've arrowed in the picture. I've also put a video up hoping someone can help out with where or what is leaking?

View attachment 98000

Youtube

Any ideas, thanks in advance.

thread hijack. did you use the standard bolts on the egr/blank plate on the inlet side

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It also looks like its been replaced before, i would check what size its supposed to be,...
I know that between the injectors the return hose is 3.2mm but the return to pump is 3.5mm? Took the gamble and went with 3.5mm internal diameter on the new hose. Problem solved, think the hose was knackered as it measured 4mm internal diameter while having 3.5mm on specifications.

All sealed now (y)

thread hijack. did you use the standard bolts on the egr/blank plate on the inlet side
I have no idea mate, had the car 5 years and not removed the EGR yet, it came like that from the guy I bought it from..

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Injector seals will cause fuel to leak from the cylinder, if you have no obvious signs of leak off pipes weeping then the seals need replacing, leave it long enough and it will turn into rock hard black carbon which if left even longer will start to spread like lava creeping over your engine,.. lol,.....
Damn it! Still leaking but not from the leak off pipes so I'm assuming injector seals or the feed pipes from fuel rail now? Wouldn't the engine be misfiring / hard to start if the copper seals were away? Are they easy to remove injector from head or will I have to get a mobile injector removal service out to it?

Would these pipes fit the 2007 Z19DT, I think they from a 2006 Vectra Z19DT.

VAUXHALL VECTRA C SAAB 9-3 1.9 CDTI FUEL INJECTOR RAIL Z19DT 120 HP 55209572 | eBay

Mine have a GM number of 93196832, these are 55209572?

Any ideas, thanks in advance..

·
Premium Member
15,647 Posts
The injectors may be a bit stubborn to come out but you should be able to do it yourself, if you have a injector (heel) bar it will help.

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thank You for the help Andy, I'll get it stripped on Monday. going to wrap some kitchen roll around the couplings where the pipes join the injectors and go for a drive tomorrow, if they leaking then I'll buy the ebay ones otherwise, injectors out next week when I get a tool to clean the injector seal seats on the head. Once again, thanks for your time ;

21 - 29 of 29 Posts