Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, relentless this car is becoming ;)

So I have what looks like a fuel leak, running fine and no warning lights on dash but there is a bit of smoke when I pop the bonnet and looks like diesel collecting in the wells where I've arrowed in the picture. I've also put a video up hoping someone can help out with where or what is leaking?

Youtube

Any ideas, thanks in advance.

·
15,596 Posts
Leaking injector seals - the copper washers?

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OK thanks for the heads up. Any idea the spanner size to remove the hi pressure pipes?

Received pin header btw, thanks again :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
The copper washers won't cause fuel to leak. By the time the fuel is in the cylinders it becomes a gas. The arrows are pointing at the leak off pipes. Which can leak fuel. You can buy a kit or a standard bit of pipe and cut it to size (cheaper). It could possibly be the o rings that connect the pipes to the injectors. (Think they're green?)

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice One ;) Wouldn't there be signs of diesel creep from where the pipes join the injector?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes possibly. In which case you'll need to replace the o rings. I have a good set off a 1.9 engine you're welcome to have. Not sure on your location but happy to post to you. (They're not dear anyway)

·
Premium Member
15,604 Posts
The copper washers won't cause fuel to leak. By the time the fuel is in the cylinders it becomes a gas. The arrows are pointing at the leak off pipes. Which can leak fuel. You can buy a kit or a standard bit of pipe and cut it to size (cheaper). It could possibly be the o rings that connect the pipes to the injectors. (Think they're green?)
Injector seals will cause fuel to leak from the cylinder, if you have no obvious signs of leak off pipes weeping then the seals need replacing, leave it long enough and it will turn into rock hard black carbon which if left even longer will start to spread like lava creeping over your engine,.. lol,.....

·
Premium Member
15,604 Posts
Yes, common on any diesel that has injector seals leaking. i see this a lot on ford focus 1.6, is very common, had two on my 1.9 once, if you leave it long enough you will need to chisel it off.

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@andyl cheers for clearing that up, thankfully only started doing it, don't fancy "Black Death" lol

Thanks for the offer @Reynolds201018

Just another quick question. Is it a Bosch Common Rail on the Z19DT? thanks

·
Super Moderator
28,024 Posts
Yes, common on any diesel that has injector seals leaking. i see this a lot on ford focus 1.6, is very common, had two on my 1.9 once, if you leave it long enough you will need to chisel it off.
If you catch early enough , soaking the affected area in Coca Cola cleans it all up lol 😂
Main reason i stopped drinking the stuff lol 😂

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just had a quick look at leak off kits on fleabay but some kits have 2 x 90° and 2 x 180° other kits are 3 x 180° and 1 x 90°? Anyone help with what's the difference?

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so I ended up letting it develop :) There's pools of diesel daily now. Thankfully, a wiggle of the spill return to pump pipe ended up with diesel flowing out so I've just ordered andyl's link of genuine OEM pipes.

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
spoke too soon, fitted new leak off pipes today and still leaking if I wiggle the return to pump hose. Is this normal or do I also need to replace hose.

Is replacement hose I need 3.5mm Internal or External Diameter?

thanks in advance..

youtube

1 - 20 of 29 Posts