Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

This topic was on the table few times already but I couldn't find a conclusion.
Anyway, I found myself in predicament where my Vectra B died on the road, one of the tensioners broke, timing belt got slack and valves got the hit. Now, i don't want to go into details, but the only way for me is to replace the engine.
And here is the question. My engine is Z18XE (confirmed) the same engine was fitted into many other Vaux cars in later years. Vectras, Astras, Zafiras they all driving around with Z18XE. Of course theirs electronics are more advanced, yet the engine code suggest that the motor itself is the same.
I wonder if I can take one from Vectra 04 for example and put into my B, connect the plugs and simply start it?
Are there any differences between Z18XE from year 2002 and 2004?

Thanks for your help. Appreciate sharing the knowledge.

Marek

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
to fit an engine out of a astra g,vectra c,corsa c and zafira a you will need to change the cambelt as it has a slightly different cambelt run,other than that the engine should just drop in

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
solorider - are you sure? The cam belt is the timing belt, it is inside the engine and comes with it.

Do you mean the auxiliary belt maybe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK,
Porting 2006 Z18XE from Astra H into Vectra B 01 went ok. as you would expect the mounts were different, as solorider mentioned timing belt needed changint the whole assembly and there was a small glitch with the clutch but besides that all good. Swapped the looms, soem of the sensors (where plugs didn't match) and started ok. After a while the engine light was off and we smiling again :)
Thanks guys for your help.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
You don't really mean the Timing Belt, do you?

Auxiliary drive belt yes (power steering, alternator & AC compressor) but I don't think you mean Timing Belt?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts