Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
yes thats a ZX6. She is the only one in the house who listens to me and responds properly. The wife doesn't :D
Those VFRs are awesome. I had one 3 years ago. I want a ZX10 or 954 Blade as next bike.

·
Premium Member
16,026 Posts
yes thats a ZX6. She is the only one in the house who listens to me and responds properly. The wife doesn't :D
Those VFRs are awesome. I had one 3 years ago. I want a ZX10 or 954 Blade as next bike.
Lol - know that feeling mate! Ive had mine for 8 years and covered over 115000 miles on it lol.

·
Registered
253 Posts
As long as they are serviced regularly, they will keep on ongoing.
I love the 600 for the fact its v cheap to insure (£110 for a year) bags of fun and I can catch all my fast mates on the corners, on straight roads, its a different story :)

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Number 8 and 17 are for the Z16XE1 engine, i think number 10 is for the Z16XEP engine and not needed on the Z16XE1 which is what you have in your car.

·
Registered
253 Posts
ohh ok. so I have order number 10 gasket which is wrong. I put my car details on eurocarparts website and searched for inlet manifold gasket and this one came up for my car.
do i need to buy 8 & 17 andy ?

regards
Kash

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Take a picture of your engine, i think you have the Z16XE1 engine, the gasket above is for the XEP so will be wrong.

·
Premium Member
16,026 Posts
He does have the Z16XE1 engine. I ran his Reg and Vin through EPC the other day. I think that part number 10 is required for both engines. Usually if you use the Reg/Vin on EPC it doesnt show parts that are for other engines.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have also had a reply back from Eurocarparts as below:

Good Afternoon

Thank you for the email. The gasket you have ordered seems to be correct for the vehicle in question.

Regards,

Syed

Sent: 08 September 2016 10:03
To: Customer Service EuroCarParts <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: ORDER QUERY -- 111-00000383273

thanks.

Could I please stress that you send me the right gasket for my car.

The details are

Reg: BD** EKU 1.6 Petrol

Model A05 ZAFIRA-B
Model Code 9QN75
Made 27.04.2007 Type body M75
Motor Z16XE1
The engine number 20KA0**0 << changed

regards
Kash

·
Premium Member
16,026 Posts
I think you will need part number 10 going by what EPC is telling me. Have you ordered the other gaskets. I think you will get away with reusing part number 8 but if your having to order part 17 and they are only cheap then it might be worth just getting the lot. At least you know 100% there shouldnt be any leaks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
hey mark,
i have not ordered any others but i know they are cheap and I will be doing this next weekend so i might as well get them ordered. thanks pal

·
Premium Member
16,026 Posts
Its not worth getting half way through the job and then finding out you needs gaskets etc. Take some photos when you do the job so other people can see what the issue is. Maybe write a brief guide as this problem on this engine is becoming nearly as popular as the Z16XEP issues.

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,026 Posts
No. That's exactly what Vauxhall call that gasket as the description was copy and pasted from vauxhalls parts fiche

41 - 60 of 80 Posts