Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to do a engine swap today on a Zafira 1.6 with the z16xe1 engine fitted so i took the opportunity to take some pictures showing the position of the egr channels that get blocked and can cause P0170 fuel trim faults...
I know the engine is removed and if your doing it the engine will be in situ so you will need to remove the windscreen scuttle located at the back of the engine bay for better access, you will need to remove the engine ecu that bolted to the top of the inlet manifold then set about removing the inlet manifold, its held on by 8 torx bolts into the head and one on a support bracket at the bottom of the manifold

This Picture is of the back of the engine showing the inlet manifold..
20150718_111025.jpg

This shows the back of the engine with the inlet manifold removed, the plate with the E10 torxs bolts is the cover for the EGR Channels...
20150718_114508.jpg

Once removed you will clearly see the EGR channels, look closely and you can see how blocked they are...
20150718_114639.jpg

You then need to look at the area where the plate was removed from, there are 4 small holes that correspond with the egr channels, these lead into the inlet tract of the head and will be blocked solid, i poked a small screwdriver through to show you what i mean...
20150718_114833.jpg

Once the holes and 'grooves' in the plate are cleaned refit the plate using a new gasket.
Hope this is of help to someone......(y)

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,829 Posts
Uhm as you are removing the inlet manifold to do that job described by Andy I would buy a new inlet manifold gasket.

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,829 Posts
LOL nearly double your age but with a mental age of 12 (On a good day)
Forgot to say there is another how to floating about on this here forum for doing this job, I think it's for the Z16XEP (twinport) But apart it is about as near as dammit. And Andyl is a nice guy pretty sure he will pop up and give you more advice on this.

·
Registered
253 Posts
cheers pal.
I am pretty sure mine is a Z16XEP engine. Just put my reg in eurocarparts website and it says it is Z16XEP engine.
I have got a rough idea of how to do the job, lets hope it doesn't rain this weekend.

I have seen another quite detailed post on here where people had Z16XEP and Z16XE1 engines.

IMG_20160906_134021.jpg
think thats an ECU on top of manifold and then its the culprit part underneath it.

on another note, can I call you Uncle Fire :D

·
Premium Member
16,026 Posts
Lol uncle fire - we call him a lot worse than that. I've got a guide on my computer at home. I'm in work now but I'll try connect to my home pc via remote connection and upload the guide in the next 20 min.

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,829 Posts
Call me anything you like, I get called much worse, by people I am forced to work with. if you need a few diagrams I think I might have one or 2 floating about, and for part numbers etc have a look at http://ecat24.com/opel/catalog/models/1/
Click the language button in top right corner, you can put your VIN in as well. Useful site for part numbers.

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,829 Posts
There ya go that cheeky scouse git has one. You know I would also look at the twinport bar rest stop whilst it all apart and check for wear. Mark has a lot of info on doing el cheapo fixes for this problem. And as much as I hate to admit it he isn't a bad fella.

·
Registered
253 Posts
its tell me that i have the following

A05 ZAFIRA-B
Model Code 9QN75
Made 27.04.2007
Type body M75
Motor Z16XE1

the gasket part in question is number 10, but 4 options.

10 24458336 5850667 -GASKET,INDUCTION MANIFOLD TO CYLINDER HEAD 1

10 24458336 5850667 -GASKET,INDUCTION MANIFOLD TO CYLINDER HEAD 1
10 55559374 850948 -GASKET,INDUCTION MANIFOLD TO CYLINDER HEAD (FOR PRODUCTION OPTION CODE WEM) 1
10 55559374 850948 -GASKET,INDUCTION MANIFOLD TO CYLINDER HEAD (FOR PRODUCTION OPTION CODE WEM) 1

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,829 Posts
I don't have my EPC running at the moment, but I think Mark has. Drop him a message with your vin/reg numberand he can confirm which one it is. They are nearly identical but I am not 100% sure on the gasket number. To do the job itself its as I said as near as it makes no difference. Or Give Mick @Valer a try (I just tagged him) he also has EPC and a very helpful fella too.

·
Premium Member
16,026 Posts
Yer message me the reg and I'll check it out when I get home. The guide I've got is z16xep but I'll create a z16xe1 pdf and upload it for you.

@andyl - do you have to take the maifokd off to get at the egr channels on the z16xe1 engine. Ive only done xep engines.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts