Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the timing chain replaced and it was full kit. Garage done the work. I noticed it sound a bit like it’s pulling back but thought it just needs to be bedded I and would be fine after a few days 100 miles. Now it’s been 375 miles still the same so checked on opcom to see any codes and comes up with cam sensor malfunction. So just had it replaced and is just the same. No codes until you go past 2t on revs and code comes up but it’s not setting off the ecu light. Engine is Z10xep 2004. Some site say it could be the crank sensor but that new march. Some say it could be the wiring or plug. But I’m wondering if the time is out on the sensor from the cam plate being set in wrong place. Says code present. No other codes. But I did think the temp sensor was playing up but that is new and wiggled the connection on it and it was and has been working properly since. Any ideas on this thanks

·
Premium Member
16,282 Posts
My guess is either timing phase disc set wrong or wrong spacer used. Pop the camcover off and see how much gap is between the cam sensor tip and the reluctor when. 2 to 3mm is what it should be. Any more and you will get cam codes

Reactions: Russ7653

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m taking it back to garage on Tuesday. He going to have a look. Said gm one that was replaced has washer built on it and new one was separate. But strange as all diagrams say washer is separate? ????

·
15,154 Posts
Did they fit the washer?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did they fit the washer?
It looks like it in photos I’ve added. But it looks Like the gap is to big. But when I removed the sensor I put a rod in to measure from timing plate to outer shell and then measure the sensor length. And seams to be 6mm gap in differences. So think the gap is to large. ??

·
Premium Member
16,282 Posts
What's the gap from tip of sensor to the wheel

·
Premium Member
16,282 Posts
This is what the gap should look like. Your wheel needs spacing out further.

IMAG3261_zpsq6romtf3.jpg

Reactions: Russ7653

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s sorted now 6mm washer sorted it out. No more code. Now has a 2.5mm gap. Garage did not know about the gap size. So now they know. Runs better even better at climbing hills thanks for your help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts