Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at work today operating a crane when a main feed high pressure hydraulic pipe burst spraying fluid everywhere, luckly though it burst on the opposite side I was working otherwise I would have been covered in very hot oil.

So I get home today and find a crushed parcel on my doorstep. Its a part I ordered for the car, and sure enough a metal part inside is bent. I did manage to bend it back though as I didnt fancy waiting another 2 weeks to get a replacement.

Then I had the battery terminal off and after I had finished I tightened it up, I thought one more turn should do it, as I tightened the nut the bolt snapped...Great :shame:

I remembered I had a 10mm bolt from a cavaliers wing which would fit the nut, as I was trying the nut on the bolt I sliped and lost the bolt deep in the engine bay and I had no more nuts...

I gave up after that, Time to go to bed I think before anything else goes wrong today.

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Bugger . :shame:
still another day tomorrow :Cool2:

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
think of it this way - that's your share of bad luck for the week, so from now on everything will go your way.

It probably won't, but sod it, be cheerful about it

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
danuk said:
I was at work today operating a crane when a main feed high pressure hydraulic pipe burst spraying fluid everywhere, luckly though it burst on the opposite side I was working otherwise I would have been covered in very hot oil.

So I get home today and find a crushed parcel on my doorstep. Its a part I ordered for the car, and sure enough a metal part inside is bent. I did manage to bend it back though as I didnt fancy waiting another 2 weeks to get a replacement.

Then I had the battery terminal off and after I had finished I tightened it up, I thought one more turn should do it, as I tightened the nut the bolt snapped...Great :shame:

I remembered I had a 10mm bolt from a cavaliers wing which would fit the nut, as I was trying the nut on the bolt I sliped and lost the bolt deep in the engine bay and I had no more nuts...

I gave up after that, Time to go to bed I think before anything else goes wrong today.
About as good as my day/weekend then! :shame:

I had no more nuts...
Although castration seems alittle extreme mate! :eh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts