Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rascal
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I'm doing my bit to keep the average number of punctures down for everyone else, by getting yet another one myself. I've had the Skoda 5 years, and in 60k miles I don't think I've had a set of tyres wear down below the minimum tread depth before needing them replaced to deal with a puncture.

Still waiting for the council to determine on the last one which I believe was absolutely within their control (or that of their appointed contractors)

Hopefully this means the rest of you can carry on without one for a while

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
VXR was a nightmare for punctures.. in 40k / 4 years i had the car i must have gone through at least 16-20 tyres and 6-10 re-seals so think i have been doing my bit aswell, doesnt help that my office is in a little village via country roads and i also lived out in the country side

·
Premium Member
13,415 Posts
I had two once within 3 days on the same wheel on our previous Freelander 2. Went totally flat too, unable to inflate them with a compressor. These events validated my previous purchase of a spare wheel and a high lift scissor jack:ROFLMAO:During the next 4 years of ownership we never did again get another puncture.
My father once had a puncture, due to a pot hole, he managed to recoup £50 back from the council, which covered the part cost of a new tyre. He basically wrote a letter of complaint to the relevant department.

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
But I'm doing my bit to keep the average number of punctures down for everyone else, by getting yet another one myself. I've had the Skoda 5 years, and in 60k miles I don't think I've had a set of tyres wear down below the minimum tread depth before needing them replaced to deal with a puncture.

Still waiting for the council to determine on the last one which I believe was absolutely within their control (or that of their appointed contractors)

Hopefully this means the rest of you can carry on without one for a while
Typical Southerner looking after the people in the South, what about us up North you should driving around here picking up any puncture inflicting material.

I suppose on the bright side the tyre is only flat at the bottom.

·
11,959 Posts
I've currently got a nail in one of the rear tyres. Loses a few pounds through the week then I blow it up before getting on the motorway. Must get it sorted sometime or replace it.

·
Rascal
11,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Larger and wider wheels and smaller profile tyres are to blame.
Ah but not for nails etc, meant more for pot holes and that.
:)
Oh yeah, 225/40/18s so they are indeed low profile. But even when I had 17s on the Volvo for 3 months, managed to get a puncture in that too...

More likely - I'm just a bad driver.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,554 Posts
Oh yeah, 225/40/18s so they are indeed low profile.
I killed two in that size, within a week (£130 each),.........on Kerves Lane. Both at night, in the pissing rain, picking the boy up from orchestra in Horsham.

This was back in 2013/14.

Went back and measured the hole at the time and it was over 6 feet long!

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
Oh yeah, 225/40/18s so they are indeed low profile. But even when I had 17s on the Volvo for 3 months, managed to get a puncture in that too...

More likely - I'm just a bad driver.
If you drive in a straight line then you pick up less, but if you drive like you swerving from gutter to centre line your going to pick up everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts