Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as it sez got another problem with my 1999 17td x17dtl, i really think ive brought a pile of crap,had the cambelt changed to day by a competent mechanic eveything was fine before, he disconnected the battery for safety reasons, put it all back together and the battery was flat got it jumped started and it was running fine, turned it off for a few minuets and went to start it and was completly flat again,also the fuel temp and speedo had dropped way down ,went and got a new battery and it started no probs, went out and the eml light came on and stayed on,went out to it 1/2 latter and it wouldnt start and the battery was almost flat ,anyone got the faintest idea whats could have gone wrong with it,
one thing we did notice with the old battery before it was changed when the engine was turned off the engine would not cut out for about 10 secs, but dosent do with the new batt it stops straight away but eml still on and in limp mode, anybody any ideas pls
kenny

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I had a battery drain not so long ago (It was the battery at fault) But I got a good bit of info, to find out what is draining the battery, pull out a fuse and apply a multimeter to see how many amps its taking, go along untill you find one with high amps, then check the things related to that fuse untill you find the dodgy part. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think i have found what could be draining the battery, the bus bar between nos 1/2 glow pugs is permantly live, while 3/4 has no power at all could this be the relay at fault also where can i find it thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.