Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I took it for a service on Monday, I have had problems getting it to start in the mornings or from cold. My diesel heater light on the dashboard flashes for a second like it always has but when I turn the key the engine turns over and over - usually it only takes 2 or 3 before it fires but now it almost won't start.

Once it does fire, the engine slowly starts to fire and the revs slowly come up from 100 to 1100. Once it gets to 1100 it slows back down and runs perfectly. The initial starting though is quite strange.

It will start almost instantly once its been running and the engine is warm. My initial thought is that something has gone wrong with the glow plug system but I don't know where to start looking.

I was tihnking of getting an OPCOM so that I can diagnose the faults myself, having an electronics and IT background and I also wanted to ask the forum which OPCOM would it be best to get for my engine and vehicle as I know there are a lot of different versions.

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,114 Posts
There is only 1 opcom but there are different variations of firmware and software. The only official clone software is 082010 or 100219a and for your vehicle you are better off running 1.39 firmware.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. I took it to the garage an hour ago and they've put some EGR valve cleaner in the tank. I'll be going on a long drive tomorrow so hopefully this will clear up the starting problem?

I'll try and find an OPCOM with that firmware. Can you suggest anywhere you recomend I could get one? I can only seem to find 1.45...

·
16,783 Posts
PM me and I will point you in the right direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.