Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's
New to the forum hope you can help me out. Anyone now how to set up one of these radios, don't know the model number picture below. Got a manual for it but it's about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Any info much appreciated.

Fred

20200325_155952.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thank you been through most of the stuff on you tube will give it a look. Can't believe it's so hard to get information instructions on this radio.
Thanks again

Fred

·
Super Moderator
13,668 Posts
is the model number not on the manual ?
would it be possible to pull it out, there should be a model number on it some where

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No model number on manual and I've tried to remove the radio and it's so tight don't want to force it because knowing my luck something would snap.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I had a xtrons pop out DVD player stereo about 10 years ago they were great back then ! What needs setting up? It’s all touch screen so just press the home button, press the settings button you should be able to sort most things from there, as you say it’s hard to get out I’m assuming you haven’t installed it ? If radio stations are not preset best to start by scanning see if it picks up something simple like radio 1, if not previous owner most likely didn’t connect the cable to back of unit , however you should be able to connect your Bluetooth to it and play music, or put a cd/dvd in top to watch it, in the settings there should be a “brake on/off” just set it to off and it will work while your car is moving

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi ya Louie,
Thanks for the reply, it's working fine got radio stations ok usb is fine also DVD, hands free is also okay. What I'm trying to do is set the correct time, can get to the clock in settings can adjust 12 and 24 hour but nothing else tap the screen to adjust time it lights up but no adjustment., and also set up bass and treble. Also got a screen that I don't know what it does???? I've attached a photo you may know what it does.

Fred.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
The time isn’t a massive issue because the time is just above the unit on your top screen, bass and treble might be a bit annoying if it’s not set right, unfortunately I’m not a expert and cant tell you what model u have and the magic buttons to press however I know mine has 2 settings pages, when setting the time and bass they were both on the same page and u clicked the time and scrolled it up and down to change the time and + and - to adjust bass etc, I would suggest playing a song and seeing if you have the cog in the corner to take u to the settings, mine also scrolled by swiping left on the bottom options.. I know I’m not a massive help but hopefully a little advice helps.. just keep pressing all the different buttons and hopefully you will find where you need to be, main thing is it’s working pretty well already I thought it was a complete right off

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Louie you've been a great help more things to look for fingers crossed, and yes you're right it's working well just a few little annoying things lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Louie,
Just a quick update emailed xtrons and managed to get the model number for the radio, also found a code number to put into radio this allows you do a master reset once done few more adjustments available. But still looking for the way to adjust the time lol, will find it with a bit more luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts