Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi .. Im in the middle of doing an engine s*** as per subject line BUT this car is an auto... nIve not actually had the motor out of one of these before - Im just wondering if anyone has.... Any tis/tricks etc??????

I do know the driveshafts were a major pain to get out... and whilst its ready now to pull out it does look like theres not going to be enough room in the engine bay to get the thing out. Not helped by a welded in battery tray etc..

As I say....... Any ideas - please ???? :bust:

Thanks !

Mik

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi .. Im in the middle of doing an engine s*** as per subject line BUT this car is an auto... nIve not actually had the motor out of one of these before - Im just wondering if anyone has.... Any tis/tricks etc??????

I do know the driveshafts were a major pain to get out... and whilst its ready now to pull out it does look like theres not going to be enough room in the engine bay to get the thing out. Not helped by a welded in battery tray etc..

As I say....... Any ideas - please ???? :bust:

Thanks !

Mik
Ermmmmmmmm - I dont know why the message I just posted says in the first line ... s**** -- ?????? I dont even remember what I put... Im sure the word was just "s***" - as in change!
mik

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
You might get a better response in the Omega technical section pal, this is the how2 section :up:

That spelling of swap is in the swear filter because it could be taken as racist ;)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Have you removed the radiator, the bonnet and all the air flow set up as this give loadsa room. Then take weight of the engine , lift of the mounts and ease it out, cockling and angling it past any obstructions. Theres loadsa room. I find if you leave some slack on the gearbox side engine hook (about 4")then then this will angle the engine for a more direct up an out lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.