Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its comeing up with voltage high on the diagnostic machine, intermitantly cutting out until its warm sometimes its ok and sometimes its bad until warm. ive fitted a second hand throttle body and its exactly the same. is there anything else common with these or do i have another faulty tb? thanks :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have exactly the same problem as you , car cuts out when you start it ,have to keep it revved till it warms a little to just idle, stuttering / uneven performance.

Changed Throttle body - still the same
Changed the EGR - still the same
I had it checked on the error codes P0505 - Throttle body actuator , Voltage high
Mass airflow air intake temp sensor

I had it all checked over by an Ex-Vauxhall Tech who went through all the checklists for the fault codes and nothing was wrong.
His conclusion " The ECU is the problem "
There was nothing else it could be, apparently this is a common error code for faulting ECU's on the facelift vectra, try googling the code and take a read.

I am currently looking for a 2nd Hand ECU complete with Immobiliser and key/chip , if anyone on here knows where I can get one please call me or send a Private message on the forums please !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have exactly the same problem as you , car cuts out when you start it ,have to keep it revved till it warms a little to just idle, stuttering / uneven performance.

Changed Throttle body - still the same
Changed the EGR - still the same
I had it checked on the error codes P0505 - Throttle body actuator , Voltage high
Mass airflow air intake temp sensor

I had it all checked over by an Ex-Vauxhall Tech who went through all the checklists for the fault codes and nothing was wrong.
His conclusion " The ECU is the problem "
There was nothing else it could be, apparently this is a common error code for faulting ECU's on the facelift vectra, try googling the code and take a read.

I am currently looking for a 2nd Hand ECU complete with Immobiliser and key/chip , if anyone on here knows where I can get one please call me or send a Private message on the forums please !!
great bit of info that thanks!!! tbh thats what ive been thinking aswel!its actally a customers car. thanks again il keep checking your thread to see if it fixs it!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.