Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Have you tried ebay?that is your best bet for a full kit.

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
and the ip address is from the usa, but asking about a vauxhall 🤷‍♂️ so probs are british and using a vpn 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Like a G6 mate that went right over my head 🤣🤣🤣

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
same here mate, thats all i know about vpns, ,.....that and they should banned from forums

·
Registered
2006 Vectra C 1.8, 2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
298 Posts
.....that and they should banned from forums
VPNs aren't evil!
I use them a lot for work, it is basically a secure tunnel through the internet.
As an example, if I'm working at home, I have to connect to the office via a VPN which is a secure connection, I am then connected to the work network. If I then access the internet, because I am now on the work network, I am routed through the offices internet connection, so to a website, it looks as though I am coming from the IP address assigned to my office router, not the IP address assigned to my home connection.

You can change that with Split-tunneling but I don't want to get too technical!
VPNs are a legitimate security measure, but people perceive them as a sketchy thing because they can be also used to make it look as though you are in, say America, which helps get around geographic content blocks on services such as Netflix.

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
not saying they are evil, but why some one needs one on a car forum is beyond me, as the way the site is set now on manual approval, anyone with a usa ip address gets banned from me 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️vpn or no vpn, i cant tell any difference so its a good job someone else approved them :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2006 Vectra C 1.8, 2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
298 Posts
not saying they are evil, but why some one needs one on a car forum is beyond me, as the way the site is set now on manual approval, anyone with a usa ip address gets banned from me 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️vpn or no vpn, i cant tell any difference so its a good job someone else approved them :ROFLMAO:
They probably aren't using it specifically for the forum, but so they can get around geo-blocks and view content on US Netflix that you can't get on UK Netflix. A lot of the time the VPN is set on the router so all traffic going out from their home network goes via the US.

·
Foldy roll
2001 Vauxhall Vectra SRi150 2.2 16V hatchback
15,969 Posts
not saying they are evil, but why some one needs one on a car forum is beyond me, as the way the site is set now on manual approval, anyone with a usa ip address gets banned from me vpn or no vpn, i cant tell any difference so its a good job someone else approved them
You don't use a vpn for individual sites..
Fire it up and all internet access goes through it.
I rarely use one on my phone but it's always running on my laptop.. usually through somewhere in Europe.

Why would you not allow USA folk on? Iirc there's a huge European car scene over there.

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
majority of the spam accounts come from there 🤷‍♂️ what ya want me to do give up questioning these accounts 🤷‍♂️

·
15,367 Posts
A lot of people using VPNs have just fallen for the hype that hackers are around every corner, looking at everything you are doing every single second of the day.
I use one for work, which causes more problems than it solves. I've also used one when using Tor to find stuff that doesn't appear on Google searches.
But for day to day use I don't use one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They probably aren't using it specifically for the forum, but so they can get around geo-blocks and view content on US Netflix that you can't get on UK Netflix. A lot of the time the VPN is set on the router so all traffic going out from their home network goes via the US.
Exactly,My VPN is set on the router and thats wy its been this way
Im not a scam and i dont think i need to be banned from the forum.

·
Foldy roll
15,969 Posts
majority of the spam accounts come from there what ya want me to do give up questioning these accounts
Of course not...
But wholesale banning all USA IPs is a tad extreme, no?
Ultimately, its your responsibility so you gotta do what you think is right...
VPNs aren't the enemy though.

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
Of course not...
But wholesale banning all USA IPs is a tad extreme, no?
Ultimately, its your responsibility so you gotta do what you think is right...
VPNs aren't the enemy though.

its worked so far, with the amount of spam accounts the forum got/gets from ip addresses in the usa and other parts of the world, theres no way of me knowing there using a vpn and from the uk ........

anyway this aint gonna get the man an ecu kit is it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Foldy roll
15,969 Posts
** theres no way of me knowing there using a vpn and from the uk ........

***anyway this aint gonna get the man an ecu kit is it
** that's kinda the point..

*** no it isn't..

(dunno why I even care.... I'm not exactly philanthropic and I'm already here )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts