Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

a guy who runs a courier company and does a load of work at my placee just bought this its a capri 280 brooklands, only ever done 48k miles absolutely mint, but ateotd i feel its still only a capri maybe i`m missing something here?

·
15,300 Posts
I personally wouldnt pay that much, but they are very nice cars and obviously very rare in that condition/mileage.
Its the only Capri id own if i had to get one!

·
Registered
99 Posts
keep it in that condition and i guess it'll only increase in value but for me the fun is in the driving and using of a car, so i wouldn't pay that much for it, its a nice car mind, and in my opinion second only to a Mk1 RS3100 of which i once owned one and regretted selling almost as soon as it left my drive,
eamonn

·
Occasional ski bum
470 Posts
Dest said:
I personally wouldnt pay that much, but they are very nice cars and obviously very rare in that condition/mileage.
Its the only Capri id own if i had to get one!
You wouldn't have a Tickford turbo? Basically the same but quicker.... ;)

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
My mum used to have a Capri - showroom condition outside, but drank more oil that petrol, literally!

She thought it was normal!

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the guy he bought it off still has a 280 turbo technics version under 48k miles and 200bhp now that i would of been more tempted by.

·
Occasional ski bum
470 Posts
slackjawed said:
the guy he bought it off still has a 280 turbo technics version under 48k miles and 200bhp now that i would of been more tempted by.
Damn! That's the model I was after! The turbo technics! A friend of mine is re-building one at the mo. Very nice motor. Not very practical considering he has 3 kids, but I guess he can get them to school pretty quick! :lmao:

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Uncle Fester! said:
Did they sort the handling though? Or is it even more likely to go very sideways?

·
15,300 Posts
Uncle Fester! said:
No, I hate the grill! Bodykit isnt upto much either.
I know its very 80s, but its no good to me lol
Plus the Brooklands one is a georgeous colour

·
Occasional ski bum
470 Posts
Sy said:
Did they sort the handling though? Or is it even more likely to go very sideways?
Any capri that has the essex or cologne lump as a base will go sideways if you're not careful! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
nothing wrong with it, unless you aren't expecting it!

I thought the problem was with the rear axle moving from left to right? At least that's what i've heard.

·
Occasional ski bum
470 Posts
Sy said:
nothing wrong with it, unless you aren't expecting it!

I thought the problem was with the rear axle moving from left to right? At least that's what i've heard.
Not sure about that..... I thought they only had problems when the swinging shackles break? But even that's a rarity as far as I know...

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
take the spare wheel out and fill it with cement. lol.

thats what i did with my old one.

problem was, the nose was in the air more than a posh birds. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts