Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another cavalier, even when you own one with nothing wrong with it, (well thats not true, lol)

i have seen (in passing) a cavalier for sale, all i can say is that its:

L reg
SRI
Black, with Red stripe
tax & mot, don`t know how long for either
fan blade alloys
looks to be in ok condition, but havent looked over it up close
£295

Im just not sure, i don`t need it and have no where to park it, the wife would moan probably lol

what are your opinions on this year car?

its in bognor regis if anybody else is interested

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
I often purchased additional Cavalier Gsi's when i didn't need them, but my idea, and plan was to restore them to better condition to what i found them in, and then sell them on to people looking for good examples.

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
might be a good idea, but not sure i have the garage space that you have, lol i`ve seen your for sale thread (giggles)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ive often been tempted but i aint got the money but i got the space........oh like snail the wife would bloody moan..............

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
get some more details and post them up.

i might be interested for a giggle. lol

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
If you can find out how long the Tax and MOT is i may be interested too :Cool2:

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, well if she`s still there on tuesday when i pass, i`ll make an effort to stop and have a better look, and take down the details

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
If i could find a gen 4 milano red prelude in good condition going that cheap i would buy it cause it would possibly save me money in spare parts. Are there many parts you need off of it Bry? And remember Amanda will probably kill you :lmao:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Theres a red cavalier SRi (k or M reg) sitting outside a breakers yard waiting to be broken up just round the corner....it looks in better condition than my 92 astra 1.4 (which im keeping!) Why do people scrap decent cars!?

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are there many parts you need off of it Bry? And remember Amanda will probably kill you :lmao:
a couple, plus for the future perhaps, and yes she would def kill me

Why do people scrap decent cars!?
prob coz whenn they try selling they get no interest and think its worth nothing so scrap it

·
Likes this.
10,836 Posts
I wouldn't buy another Cavalier now. I loved my time with my SRi and if it had been fitted with Air Con I'd still have it now. There was nowt wrong with it when I sold it - I just had to have a car with air con for Beth in the summer.

But now I've been driving a Vectra for over a year I don't think I could ever go back to a Cavalier tbh.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
Why do people scrap decent cars!?
Because the cost of the repair plus the scrap value is greater than the value when fixed, added to the easy credit society, which prices second hand cars at £ per month, equals 2 million cars scrapped every year.

A new set of tyres, plus a CV joint and a Gearbox and clutch should have made my mk2 cavalier a scrap car, but it'll be repaired for along time yet.

On the other point : Would I buy a car I don't need ? I did, and then had to sell my other one. Wish I'd kept it and had 2 cars.

·
Likes this.
10,836 Posts
On the other point : Would I buy a car I don't need ? I did, and then had to sell my other one. Wish I'd kept it and had 2 cars.
On that point, IF I had the space available and found one at a sensible price (most seem to go for silly money even without an MOT!) I'd buy another SJ413 just to keep for spares etc for mine :Cool2:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Because the cost of the repair plus the scrap value is greater than the value when fixed, added to the easy credit society, which prices second hand cars at £ per month, equals 2 million cars scrapped every year.

A new set of tyres, plus a CV joint and a Gearbox and clutch should have made my mk2 cavalier a scrap car, but it'll be repaired for along time yet.

Me? - if its broke then fix it DIY. Never any need to scrap unless really really rusty, or smashed.

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
Theres a red cavalier SRi (k or M reg) sitting outside a breakers yard waiting to be broken up just round the corner....it looks in better condition than my 92 astra 1.4 (which im keeping!) Why do people scrap decent cars!?
Why would someone scrap an ancient Vauxhall Cavalier? Hmm... tough one.

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i didn`t go past on tuesday as i thought i would be, but i did go past on friday, and the car wasn`t there, so that could mean either 2 things, 1 being the likely and that the car has been sold, or 2 they have gone out in it, i`ll have another look this week

·
Trisexual
2,149 Posts
This was an "SRi" - in good condition too.
Didn't that just mean that it had a bit of red paint on the hub caps, and very GTI-esque red stripey bits here and there? Still same engines as the rest of the range, no turbo, and FWD? OK, not the best forum to say this on, but it sounds to me like another old boring family saloon (admittedly with red bits) is to become a coke tin; good riddance.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts